iRacing league at RD - Just tell if you're interested!

Kevin Ascher

#47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs
As the title says, I just want to know who would be up for an iRacing league at RD at all, if everything was to their liking.

Interested

1. Abdul Ahmed
2. Glenn Petersen
3. Scott Mitchell
4. Dietmar Auferkorte
5. Kevin Ascher
6. Dario Jagar
7. Bram Hengeveld
8. Ingemar Petersson
9. Will Marquez
10. Björn de Haas
11. James Yates
12. Pedro van Baelen
13. Patrick Speleman
14. Darren Johnston
15. Don Davis
16. Emilio Vrkic
17. Randy Wolfgram
18. Onno Naber
19. Mark A. Warmington
20. Marc Good
21. Ramon van Rijn
22. Teo Bubicic
23. Jack B.
24. Daniel Higgins

or the Riley :)

What the heck, why not all 4 of those cars or throw in the V8 too and make it 5...? Then create 2 man teams for each car. If you could get 40 cars you'd have 4 two man teams for each car.

Crazy idea, but I'm dreaming. ***ducks*** :)

EDIT: Just thought about it and currently you need to own all the cars to race in a series like that. I have all the roads cars and tracks, but many don't. :-(

Was thinking the same...

I might get the Stang if there really was that much interest in a league, but I don't know about buying the V8 as well. Perhaps I'll get one when I get my participation $$$ for S3 and another for S4 :D.

I would suggest any RD league just start with the default content: SRF or, as mad as it seems, just run the Advanced Legends on road courses.

Was thinking the same...

I might get the Stang if there really was that much interest in a league, but I don't know about buying the V8 as well. Perhaps I'll get one when I get my participation $$$ for S3 and another for S4 :D.

I would suggest any RD league just start with the default content: SRF or, as mad as it seems, just run the Advanced Legends on road courses.

That's probably not a bad idea for the first league. The Spec Racer Ford is a ton of fun and offers some variety in setups. It's free and the tracks used could be made up of many free tracks for newcomers.

Lime Rock
Mazda Laguna Seca
Summit Point Main
Summit Point Jefferson
Charlotte Roval

All 5 of these tracks are free and provide excellent Spec Racer Ford racing. Maybe even have the first league be a short 5 race season and then expand in season 2 with cars, tracks etc... Just a thought.

I own every road car and track, so I don't care, but having a "free" series might be a good way to include everyone. Of course that's assuming you like road courses. The oval guys might want their own league with the Legends. That's a fun car on road courses as well as ovals. :)

Oh please not :)

The Solstice is like the train in Holland. Once I graduated a promised myself to never ever take the train again and so far I am keeping word. Solstice is the same thing. What a crap car :)

Would be nice if you could actually sell cars back to iRacing as a second hander !!

I think the free content is the way to go for the first time. Each car has a love/hate relationship with everyone, so what about a 6 race season with 2 races in each car? Spread the love around :)

I'm a fan of having the requirements be simple and inexpensive for the first RD league, so that sounds good for a first season. I hadn't thought of using all 3 Rookie cars... iRacing may have 4 Rookie cars shortly with the Street Stock coming out. And then 5 with the Mazda, but I think that's a bit farther out. The Street Stock should be very soon though...

I have all road cars and tracks, but I know it will be tough to get 100% agreement on cars and tracks, so just wondering if simple is better to start.

I'd support the idea of using only free content for the first RD iRacing league.

Although there was a thread a while back where we gathered information on which member owned what content.. somewhat a compiled list. Guess it's burried in the old merged iRacing thread now. I think it would as well be a good idea to see what's owned the most here (we might start a fresh thread before setting up the league) and then build the format around this survey. Because I myself would love to run something else than stock content - the cars and tracks are great, but at least in terms of tracks I like some diversity.

It would be safe to pick something up to D class would it not? I think the majority of RD members are at least class 'D' or will be there pretty soon. Buying a car or track for an RD league would be used for racing in the official iRacing series anyway or be used in the very near future once the member advances to 'D' class which even a slow poke like me managed with relative ease. D class opens up some more fun options such as the Ford Mustang FR500S, the Skip Barber or Jetta TDI, choosing up to class D would also drop in some more fantastic tracks such as Brands Hatch or Watkins Glen.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 8.2%