F1 2012 How to record videos in F1 2012?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Great lap there Tom, what video capture software did you use?

Is your PC a high spec, I'm worried I'll have to upgrade :-(

I'm using Fraps. Also, while my PC is indeed quite top notch I don't think it's necessary to have an i7 etc. - I'm getting north of 100 FPS in the benchmark on Ultra settings. This years' PC version seems to be a lot more optimized than 2011.

I'm using Fraps. Also, while my PC is indeed quite top notch I don't think it's necessary to have an i7 etc. - I'm getting north of 100 FPS in the benchmark on Ultra settings. This years' PC version seems to be a lot more optimized than 2011.

I just use a happauge recorder. I just conenct my xbox through it and then into a PC notebook. Records up to 1080i HD as well which is really good

I just use a happauge recorder. I just conenct my xbox through it and then into a PC notebook. Records up to 1080i HD as well which is really good
would you possibly know if this recorder records directly from the PC to your PC for videos?

im tired of fraps and other programmes reducing FPS, i would love a external recorder like this, also is it easy to use?

Much Appreciated

would you possibly know if this recorder records directly from the PC to your PC for videos?

im tired of fraps and other programmes reducing FPS, i would love a external recorder like this, also is it easy to use?

Much Appreciated

Really easy mate. You connect your xbox to the hauppage using the component lead. I think you may need to buy if you don't have one (cheap off Ebay) Then from the hauppage (component cable supplied) to your TV. Then a USB cable from the hauppage into your laptop (cable supplied). You then install the video software (supplied) onto your laptop/pc. Open it up and now you see on the laptop what you see on your screen. You just hit the record button when you are ready to go. It can store the video in various formats. I use MP4. I recorded this lap with it and uploaded it direct to Youtube. It can record up to 1080 which you can select in the video below. And you can control the quality of video. The picture on your TV remains at 1080i as you need to change to this for it to work on the Hauppage. So you play and record. It works really well and have never had any issues.

I have in the Xbox media section in the F12011 forum. Pole laps etc...

I don't have F12012 yet. Maybe Saturday it comes through my letterbox....

I've seen lots of 360 & PS3 versions at the mall today...you could take the Eurostar and be back in time for dinner. :)

Much Appreciated

Most of those solutions are designed to record the picture directly from the cable, don't know about the one Steve is using. An HD PVR, that's what Steve is probably using, is basically working like this.

Hauppauge-Gaming-Edition-HD-PVR-13536428-5.jpeg

Console sends picture to HD PVR -> HD PVR forwards picture to PC (so that you can record it) & your TV (so that you can play the game).

You could use an alternative to Fraps, tho. DXTory is using significantly less resources, so that might be an option for you. Also, a fast drive (SSD) is helping as well and do not record to the same drive the game is installed on. :)

Edit: Steve beat me to it. :)

Much Appreciated

What Tom has posted above is my setup more or less. Except I use USB to connect to my PC. But there is another slot that may provided better quality to you PC if you have the input on your laptop/pc.

you can use MSI Afterburner as well (pc) to record video at up to 1080p.. it can take screens as well.. just look in the settings and go to the right most 2 tabs for the settings.

there is very little overhead and i forget its running at times.

Fraps is good- but you have to pay, and the free version is limited.. most the guys in my league use Afterburner for their race edit videos.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back