Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GT Vintage
Track: Laguna seca download here
Weather: dry
Practice: 15 minutes 20:00 gmt
Qualification: 15 minutes
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

This will be raced in version 1.3 so make sure you download it:)

Car we use now is the GT vintage

Well I'm glad we managed to do this test, it really helped me get a feel for the netcode in a quicker car. I had a few incidents with a few drivers so it was a really good learning experience. I personally found the FTarget very easy to drive with almost default settings on. I only added a click to front downforce, 3 or 4 clicks on the brake balance to the back, adjusted the gears for Laguna seca, and auto clutch disabled. This is with a G25 wheel. I also had linearity set to 50%.(Found in controller settings).

Thanks to Bjorn for hosting a race after the 1.3 crashes we had before it.

Guys before you all say it doesn't work 1.3, did you all follow the instructions for compatibilty mode etc? Mine has never crashed one single time after I did that. I've played around in a bunch of the open server races, no problem other than the connection issues. Connection issues are a problem sometimes in 1.3, but I'm sorry to say I've always had high ping on RD races...

I'm totally against running this series in 1.2. Like this the game will never improve. We gotta find a way to test this again.

Guys before you all say it doesn't work 1.3, did you all follow the instructions for compatibilty mode etc? .

I tried the fixes suggested in this thread. I ran into problems not being able to join any servers at all with the fix. Went back to running the exe as normal and can connect again. I think we managed about 8 players for about 5 laps before 1.3 decided to crash, and players who had done the fix crashed out of the game too.

I think Bjorn is right to steer clear of 1.3 for the series. I was too late for the sign up to the league so it doen't really matter to me, but 1.3 seems far to unstable to be running a league. It's a massive shame that netkar has got these issues but lets hope a patch is on the way.

you've done this race FTarget! frustration! lol

At least it gave me a chance to win an event Laurent, lol. Don't think that would have been the case if you were racing.

I tried the fixes suggested in this thread. I ran into problems not being able to join any servers at all with the fix. Went back to running the exe as normal and can connect again. I think we managed about 8 players for about 5 laps before 1.3 decided to crash, and players who had done the fix crashed out of the game too.

I think Bjorn is right to steer clear of 1.3 for the series. I was too late for the sign up to the league so it doen't really matter to me, but 1.3 seems far to unstable to be running a league. It's a massive shame that netkar has got these issues but lets hope a patch is on the way.

Someone mentioned here on the forum that in 1.3 there seems there's a problem with hosting a game and playing on that same machine. That's what I read anyway...

Sorry to hear the fix doesn't work for everyone. Even yesterday while we were testing, my game didn't crash, but I did get kicked from the server and then no servers showed up neither in 1.2 and 1.3 for about 10 minutes. Go figure! :p

1.3 is largely unusable as an online mod at this time. I have the xp compat mode set in vista and have been booted from over half of the races i've been in, usually when someone leaves the server. It is just broke and in need of a patch.

I am running on XP SP3 and tried the compatibility mode and what I assume is the right exe and it crashed game. Funny thing was when I first joined the server without using any fix I was able to drive on track for several laps without my game crashing until I exited on my own. Should be noted I joined when a race was taking place. I think the game only crashes when I sit in the pitbox, could be wrong tho.

I think Bjorn is doing the right thing to stick with 1.2 for now. No one has provided a clear fix that will work for everyone. This is after all a beta. I think we just need to be patient and wait for a more stable beta, and then we can do another 1.3 test. Hopefully a fix comes tomorrow. :)

I download latest .net framework setup. Even though it's already installed. I repaired the installation and never had a problem after that. Never needed to disable any themes or run in any compatibility mode.

I did a clean install of 1.3 and was still having the same issues. I then downloaded the .net framework and did the same as you rob. All seems to be working ok :doublethumb:

Windows7 64bit running with no compatibility mode or disabled themes etc.

I did .net framework 4. It was already installed the same as Robert, so I re-installed it. Maybe I should do 3.5 too, but I seem to have a working NetKar 1.3 at the moment so don't want to mess with it. Looks like .net framework could be the fix that works for me, so hope it works for others who try it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back