Euro Truck Simulator 2 Official News and Updates

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
SCS software have launched the official website for Euro Truck Simulator 2:
http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/index.php

Offcourse there is also news about a release date and system requirements.
The game will be available on the 19th of October from the above mentioned website. The system requirements are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements:
  • Operating system: Windows XP (SP3)/Vista/7
  • Processor Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz
  • 2 GB system memory
  • Dedicated graphics card with 256 MB memory (GeForce 7600 GT-class equivalent or better)
  • DirectX 9 compatible sound card
  • DirectX 9.0
  • 1.5 GB of free hard drive space
Recommended System Requirements:
  • Dual core CPU 3.0 GHz
  • 4 GB system memory
  • Dedicated graphics card with 1024 MB memory (GeForce GTS 450-class equivalent or better)
The game is also available on EA's distribution platform Origin.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 update 1.4.8

We have done a lot of work on ironing out the last remaining issues in the 1.4.x line update, and finally today it looks like we have a very solid build:​
This patch is really what 1.4.1 was supposed to be. We tested 1.4.1 extensively, or so we thought, but it really took the eyes of thousands of player to help us discover several remaining hidden bugs, through using various combinations of hardware, drivers and mods installed. We are also finally pushing the button for Steam players to have access to this new version of the game straight away, rather than depending on beta branches.​
The principle of involving the fan base in the testing proved promising. We got many more wishlist items than actual bug reports, but that's to be expected. We will definitely approach the community with a plea for help again in the future.​
The list of features requested by players that we have accumulated over the years is very long, and we are perhaps taking things from it and turning them into reality way slower than many of you would like, but we are doing our best, and we'll get better over time. SCS is moving into a new superb office in a matter of weeks, with 3-times the floorspace we have currently. The support from our fans (and paying customers!) is what makes us dare grow the team and speed up development of our future as well us current still evolving projects. Thank you!​
Last but not least, if you were sitting on the fence waiting to get ETS2 on the cheap somewhere, today may be your last chance for quite a while on Steam - Euro Truck Simulator 2 is featured in a Daily Deal event, only a few more hours left. In particular, this opportunity is very relevant to all the people complaining about disappearing trailers/jobs - playing a legal copy of the game does make a difference!​

NOTE!!! This is still for none steam versions only. Steam update will follow soon and will install automaticly

Going East!

After a long development time, finally the first Euro Truck Simulator 2 add-on is undergoing final beta testing. Some online stores have already revealed the final name of the upcoming add-on, but this is the first time we are officially announcing it here - the first DLC's name will be:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!

We think that the new part of Europe built for this add-on looks even better then anything we have created before. You can take a look at a few countryside places from Poland, on routes between Lublin, Łódź, Warszawa and Ostrava. We'll be taking a lot more screenshots during testing now to keep you entertained.

I have only had this simulation for a short while but I am very impressed with the quality of this product. It is very addictive I can't get away from it.
One question - Will it be possible in a future patch to be able to change FOV ?

oeh Steam updated ETS2 to 1.4.12!

◾Improved resistance to some kinds of mod conflicts
◾Added g_prefab_replace command simplifying rename of prefabs.
◾Fixed issues with advisor after teleport.
◾Fixed several possible instabilities.
◾Fixed positioning of some company trailers.

I had the urge to try this even tho sim games always seem nerdy for some reason, but i gotta say i got this yesterday and its great, already tempted to take the banks offer of a loan and buy my own rig, but i am resisting for a little while, so any new info on the Multiplayer malarky yet?

Looking Forward

The Release of Going East! add-on for ETS2 was a definite success, we are absolutely happy that our loyal fan base is supporting us in growing the game. Rest assured that we will keep on pushing! More on our ETS2 expansion plans coming to this blog soon.

Meanwhile, work on the first stage of American Truck Simulator project is moving full steam ahead, and the focus of our blog during upcoming months is going to switch to showing you more of this game.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.7 update

There are actually two pieces of news we'd like to share with you today here, and also in a more graphically richer way on World of Trucks.
NEWS #1
The 1.7 update is available! Yes, the big star of this update is the new Volvo FH and FH16.

NEWS #2
With Halloween coming, we have created a special Halloween Paint Job Pack DLC for the occasion. It features 6 exclusive dark and scary themes applicable to all trucks in the game.

For veteran players of the game creating and using mods, we are aware that this is not major news for you - you can always satisfy your truck tuning appetite with a vast variety of custom mods or even your own creativity. But there are tens of thousands of players out there who never dare to apply any unofficial mods. We believe that if we take this road, we may be able give them something interesting and worthwhile. And of course completely optional.

After several months of work, we have just finished the new truck model, and we are giving it to our player base for free. We are committed to giving you more free trucks in the future, actually already two more are under development.

The idea with the paint job DLC is that such small paid-for "cosmetics" DLCs are our chance to accelerate development of the core game. Instead of begging for donations, we can offer something of value to help us fund further evolution of the game. And if this catches on, we'd like to consider more than just simple paints - there are definitely more cool opportunities, like offering support for decorating the inside of the cabin.

The Halloween Paint Jobs Pack DLC available now on Steam. This DLC is a Steam-only release. With our limited back-end infrastructure for monetizing and managing DLCs, we are not going to offer it from the official website.

We hope you'll enjoy driving the new Volvo FH and wear those beautiful Halloween paint jobs as much as we enjoyed creating them! Thank you!

@Marcel vd Aa

May I ask you a question about the disk version of the game, which I bought 11 months ago at the Amazon website

I tried to register my disk code on Steam today, to see if I could take the easy route, keep up to date via Steam, and as you have just announced above, I could buy the DLC.

Unfortunately it didn't work, the code was not accepted. Many games allow you do this, is it likely to be something you would consider allowing?

Cheers :)

@Marcel vd Aa

May I ask you a question about the disk version of the game, which I bought 11 months ago at the Amazon website

I tried to register my disk code on Steam today, to see if I could take the easy route, keep up to date via Steam, and as you have just announced above, I could buy the DLC.

Unfortunately it didn't work, the code was not accepted. Many games allow you do this, is it likely to be something you would consider allowing?

Cheers :)
As far as I know it does work for digital download copies of the game, not sure about disc versions though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back