Change refuelling options in Formula Classic?

Does anyone know how to change the refuelling option in F Classic? I want to run longer races, with at least one fuel stop to make things more interesting, but changing .hdv or .rfm settings does not seem to have any effect. Has anyone esle succeeded in changing this, I think it's the same with F3 as well.

First thanks for the reply Reto, but second -
CORRECTION!! I am very pleased to say we are wrong Reto, it looks to be possible. I have activated the fuel and pit stop strategy in Formula Classic. Still trying to figure out how I did it but it is definitely working in test days and single race. Testing further including championship...

YES - have started a new championship, and fuel options are there !

Right, I have just done the same with the F3, so if you do the following it should work:

go to the F3.HDV file, and add the following lines immediately after RearTireCompoundSetting=0

FuelRange=( 1 , 1 , 71 ) // the third figure is max amount of fuel, i.e. full tank
FuelSetting=19 // initial fuel quantity
NumPitstopsRange=(0,1,4) // the third digit the number of stops available to choose i.e. 0,1,2, or 3 so choosing 4=3 stops
NumPitstopsSetting=2 // how many pitstops shown initially
Pitstop1Range=(0,1,71)
Pitstop1Setting=19 // pitstop 1 initial fuel setting
Pitstop2Range=(0,1,71)
Pitstop2Setting=19
Pitstop3Range=(0,1,71)
Pitstop3Setting=19

IMPORTANT it does not seem to work if you leave any empty lines, so these lines should go immediately below the reartirecompoundsetting line and immediately above the AISlipReaction line.

If you try it please let me know if it works ok for you, back your file up first!. The individual figures can be edited to suit :)

I've now quickly tested in test session, and championship mode, F3 and FClassic, and garage fuel is working ok, plus in-car fuel selection is working.
Let me know if you try it, or if you want me to send you the hdv file if it's easier :)

Yes I would think so, or in a league I assume it would work if everyone had the same hdv file. Also bear in mind, I have not tested the figures given for the F3 cars so I don't know how it will affect the pitstops of the AI in single player (I am working on this for Formula Classic, to get them pitting at least once per race, but the same would need to be done for the F3 to get them working satisfactorily). Until this is done, you might find them not pitting at all for example, depending on length of race, consumption etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back