Assetto Corsa | Share Your Screenshots

The tire deformation, I also think it's important, but for example, in case of some games which has tyre deformation the update cannot be regarded that has taken as many roles as it has changed characteristic of fundamental model itself.

It means that is just one part of many important things. and could go forward in good physics as still plus. Anyway the most important thing is car behavior as result. Personally I think we can be blinded by 'one' fashion factor recognized easily than very very complexable factor like the car behavior.

By the way as in other games it's obvious that is the factor that can be added like a module.

In the screenshots you see there is no graphical tyre deformation. Mainly for 2 reasons.

1) There isn't enough real tyre deformation on the tyres to be visible in a computer monitor, except in slowmotion close ups. To make it visible from normal camera views we would have to exaggerate the effect and we don't like to exaggerate things just for the graphical effect. So the priority is lower.

2) We prefer to use our development time to better simulate the tyre flex on the physics engine. So on AC you get both the vertical flexing from load (depending on the tyre pressure and tyre carcass), and the tyre flex from lateral movement again depending on the tyre structure. Modders can change this kind of flex from the physics. In this way you can simulate a low profile street tyre with enough flex, or a high profile F1 tyre with very low flex. It's up to you and your data.

Obviously in both situations the flex is simulated graphically by the tyre going "in" the asphalt and because of the big number of polygons in the 3D model of the tyres the actual effect is pretty believable.

That is how the situation is right now. We might have time to change it later, or simply in an update after v1.0

Wow! Look at the shadows on the car and the detail image of that house off in the distance in that fifth photo. It's simply breath-taking. Nice shots man! I hope the sound, physics and content match these images...then we would have a 'complete' simulation from Kunos, to match and surpass anything released so far.

Looks pretty damn close to pCARS I'd say, maybe not quite as nice but we know the physics will also be fantastic!

• Herman Hermansen

New screens from Monza on their facebook page

Couple from Facebook, looking really nice. It's the perfect balance IMO of colour, contrast etc, looks really good. Only thing i wuold say is the shadows are maybe a little too detailed? Could imagine them shimmering in motion, maybe some blur applied to them would help. Of course it's still early and of course maybe they do not shimmer in motion

I don't think you will perceive these shadows as detailed as in these pictures when watching the game in full motion. :p

These pictures are simply amazing!

• Herman Hermansen

New pictures of the classic lotus on the FB page. :) Looks good as always!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back