2014 Season

I've not watched F1 for the last one & a half seasons (it got boring and Sky took over), I've just seen the BBC Ad for this season and they must be living on a different planet, it says F1 has "gone back to the drawing board and talks about old school racing", so off I toddle to the F1 site to find Energy Recovery Systems (ERS) replacing KERS,
The DRS slot is also bigger than in 2013, really don't know where they get "Old School" from cos that is more of the same silly push button to overtake crap from last season.

And then there is double drivers’ and constructors’ points will be awarded at the final race of the Formula One season - Abu Dhabi for 2014 - in order to maximise focus on the championship until the end of the campaign.

Sad, so very Sad, Ecclestone and the FIA should hang their heads in shame for what they have done to F1 :mad:

I try to tell myself that GP2 is like F1 95-05 (no (K)ERS, DRS and simple aero) if you just combine the two races. It is hard though when you know there are better drivers somewhere else.

Thanks to the internet the tintop series are easier to follow (ADAC GT).

Personally I think the new cars suck, They messed them up and one major thing is they screwed up the *Iconic* Sounds of the F1. It will never be as enjoyable to watch especially in person. The roaring high output powerhouse sounds they use to make were all part of why people enjoyed watching those cars amongst other things.

Did you notice the one car owner in the practicing session at AUS this year talking to the camera mentioning and saying *Where's all the sounds*?? because many people like him including myself enjoyed the sounds because it made F1 what it use to be. You didn't have to see a car at all but if you heard one then you just knew what it was and it's speed on the track just by the sound as it went by.. To hear that power screaming out the rear end as it went by just said: FORMULA 1 BABY!!! and that's as simple as it gets.

These new sounds sound like 4 stroke dirt bikes! It sucks cause they will never sound anywhere near as good as they use too.

Everything just seems to be going to hell now-a-days.

Here's a quick reference to the sounds of the real F1's,.... Never forget!
NOW THIS IS HOW AN F1 SHOULD SOUND. CRANK IT UP!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_I8C9OdWU[/youtube]

I've not watched F1 for the last one & a half seasons (it got boring and Sky took over), I've just seen the BBC Ad for this season and they must be living on a different planet, it says F1 has "gone back to the drawing board and talks about old school racing", so off I toddle to the F1 site to find Energy Recovery Systems (ERS) replacing KERS,
The DRS slot is also bigger than in 2013, really don't know where they get "Old School" from cos that is more of the same silly push button to overtake crap from last season.

And then there is double drivers’ and constructors’ points will be awarded at the final race of the Formula One season - Abu Dhabi for 2014 - in order to maximise focus on the championship until the end of the campaign.

Sad, so very Sad, Ecclestone and the FIA should hang their heads in shame for what they have done to F1 :mad:
Go watch the stupid INDY CAR series like all the other's that moan about F1

There is a solution. In "NASCAR SPRINT CUP" they built a thing called the chase.
The top 10 cars go into the final 10 races with a mathematical formula of points deffosit from the points leader (2nd -X,3rd -Y,4th-Z).
so all 10 drivers have a shot at the tittle. (All tittle cars are marked with orange numbers) So its like a playoff series for the world championship.
Plus non contenders are in the mix.

It would need tweaking for F1 but would work.:ninja::ninja::ninja:

This is not racing any more. Drivers are instructed by the engineers when to drive fast (actually never), when to save fuel, when to save tyres, when to look after electric power. The sound of the new 1.6 litre V6 turbo-engines is practically non-existent.
It's like watching an badly coded PC f1 race game.

Is there much top class motorsport out there (on TV) that hasn't been doctored in some way?, BTCC has reverse grids and weight penalties, F1 is basically Mario Carts, Indy Car is 2 lap sprints between yellow flags and includes silly ovals, WTCC has DRS etc.

Some of the finest racing I watched last year was in the BTCC support races, the Clio's and Ginetta Juniors in particular putting their peers and F1 to shame.

Formula E will be in ITV soon.

Intrigued by that, but the first track layout I've seen is awful.

Straight, 90 degree turn, straight, chicane, straight, 90 degree turn, repeat.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back