I would like to present a generic Camera Modding Tool for (presumably) ALL Codemasters racing games using the EGO Engine.
It allows to edit any value for any camera on any car (or a selection thereof), all at once, instantly.
You can backup and restore all the camera files, and even easily package them for publishing them on the internet.
1. Choose location of your game.
2. Select cars and cameras you want to change
3. Enter the values you want to change. For numeric values you can even enter "+x" or "-x" to have a relative change instead of an absolute target value.
4. Hit Apply! Done!
- For each parameter, the tool shows you the values that currently exist in all camera files in a tooltip
(so you have a starting point for modding and maybe get an idea about the range of the parameter).
- You can open a car's camera xml file quickly by right-clicking on a car
(to find out which camera has which parameters).
The tool currently supports Dirt 1-3, Dirt Rally, Grid 2, Grid Autosport. I am sure it supports all the other ones as well (Dirt Showdown, Grid 1, or the F1 games). I definitely plan to make it compatible with Dirt 4. Adding a game is as easy as editing the ini file "EECMT.ini".
Converting from/to binaryXML is handled automatically by the tool (a binaryXML Converter is included)
All changes made to the cameras can easily be exported to a folder structure ready for other users to extract into their game folders (PACKAGE button).