Thrustmaster TH8S, a proper option?

Hi guys,

After spending money, spending some more, keep on spending.......I still need a shifter ;)
My setup is a Fanatec and just this week I also bought a round steering wheel, then a metal QR and (rightfully so) the wife is starting to complain ;)

When I got the Fanatec, I first tried to use my G27 pedals as I had done on my Thrustmaster wheel: just using the base as USB adapter. With the Fanatec switched ON, the pedals went spiking and I could not use them.
So I am a bit afraid that "other brands" or any other stuff than Fanatec, is going to get me a headache.
That being said: this is not the time to spend almost 300 bucks on a shifter I use a week per year :)

So, I looked around and found the TH8S which is good enough for me. Nice and cheap, stand-alone: great!
I also found this site: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en...commend that you connect,(PC or game console).

But keep in mind: I am "afraid" that some other signals or interference or whatever, is making the wheel and/or shifter or something else not work properly. It is in that light that I read these lines that make me frown:
- We also recommend that you disconnect the racing wheel and the shifter after each use.
- The racing wheel base must be directly connected to a USB port on the platform being used (PC or game console).

That last one: the wheelbase? Noted in an article about the shifter?
I don't know anymore: any advise guys?

BTW: I do still have the G27 shifter and it is in proper condition (week a year ;) ) so can I make someone happy with that? Netherlands here, keep in mind the porto, but the shifter is okay to go.

What shifter I can totally recommend are these from China.
Have it in use (every race cause I mostly race classics) since at least 3 years.
It still works properly and it has a much better feels than the thrustmaster or the Logitech.

Ich habe gerade diesen erstaunlichen Artikel auf AliExpress gefunden. Probiere ihn aus! 87,03€ | PC USB H Getriebe Shifter Für Logitech G27 G29 G25 G920 Für Thrustmaster T300RS/GT Schaltknauf Für ETS2 simracing Racing Spiel

I have this same shifter under a different brand name and I prefer it to the Thrustmaster. There are several variations on ebay and Amazon also:

aikeec USB Simulator Shifter for ATS ETS Dust WRC Sim Racing Games H Sequential Shifter for Logitech G29 G27 G25 G920 T300RS/GT Steering Wheel PC Windows 7+R Sequential Gearshift Knob Black
https://a.co/d/j7jxeStLogitech G29 G27 G25 G920 T300RS/GT Steering Wheel PC Windows 7+R Sequential Gearshift Knob Black
https://a.co/d/j7jxeSt

Thank you for your thoughts guys!
I thought about it and I have a bad feeling with Ali and even Amazon: you have to get lucky to get it delivered (Ali mainly) and moreover: you have to get lucky to get a proper one, they have used a working chip by accident.
Well, this is harsh said, but you get my drift I hope?

I'd rather buy a brand at my local shop: I can return it properly if something is wrong: it doesn't take 6 weeks to deliver and sending it back won't be half a year of not getting your calls unanswered.
So, that's why I thought of the Thrustmaster: a "few bucks" more, but a better feeling for me (and still over 200 bucks cheaper than the Fanatec).

Amazon (Europe at least) has avery generous return policy.
Also experiences with the "China crap" are mostly positive a lot more "hit" than "miss".
That said I totaly understand your reasoning.

I've used the predecessor of your pick (on and off) for two years, never was really satisfied with the feel inspite of trying a lot of mods.

Last edited:
Well, you made me doubt some more guys........
Haha, no, it's always good to get more options and I thought hard about it, searched the Ali sites and Amazon site. Next to the point I already have against Ali and mates, I also don't understand what they are selling most of the times. I can imagine the Chinese language being translated into English is not as bad as to Dutch.
They sell the complete shifter for 13 bucks too........it does say so........in the end, it's just the knob, but you can't really make that out of their writing being translated into something only my dog would understand.

Anyway, I did choose for the safe option: a nationwide reseller at 15 mins away has one, my daughter is going to get it now :)
I know and realise it is a lesser option but safe for me (I just drive back and hand it over again) plus I only use a shifter one week a year: it won't wear out that fast, it just has to be dustproof ;)

Going to mess around and fit the clutch pedal now, I'll come back and will let you know about the TH.
Thanks again guys!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 141 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.4%