A Chill Chilean Drive - H2 FWD @ Chile - 17th to 21st May 2024

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
A Chilean Drive Poster.jpg

After a fast (for some) rally last week, it's time to slow down the pace a bit for this weeks Club Rally. So we'll take on the H2 FWD class in a nice, chill drive in Chile.

Session Open: 17th of May to 21st of May 2024
Cars: H2FWD
Itinerary:
A Chilean Drive Setup 2.jpg

The rally should open and close at midnight CET (22:00 UTC), if my after-the-fact-calculations are correct.

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :D

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the first two stages drunk with no major issues.
happy 17th of may southerners, next friday is my birthday (GL everyone)
Roy my mother used to work at Modum bad a couple of years ago before she retired

Eh, trounced any chance for a good result by messing too much in last two stages, due to chronic understeer on red worn softer tyres that had to last the final 3 stages. Hopefully, Peugeot drivers should have an easier time, as the VW is more prone to become a truck later on.
Clipboard_05-20-2024_01.jpg
1. car completely refusing to respond to handbrake, as the front wouldn't grip enough to rotate over

Overall went okay'ish, but the absurd way tyre sets are selected/ordered in this game made it harder than it had the right to be, so as the impossibility to re-select a less worn set when new ones aren't available.

Well, at least this time I didn't total the car at the end of the very first sector at SS1, as in the previous event that forced me to retire (way too) early. :unsure:

GL all :thumbsup:

Last edited:
wow, car pretty beaten up after the long middle stint but still running. Last three stages tomorrow, albeit another longish one first, hope the Peugoet won't let me down.
40 secs down on @Karln3r atm, but he did well in the next two stages, so don't think I'll be able to catch him. We were nice and close in stage2, though:
Screenshot 2024-05-20 211512.png

Last edited:
You're on a Gr. N3 car vs. more powerful Gr. A7 entries, on an event with steep hillclimbs. Keep it up!

(Still, I suspect CM took some liberties to better match them, so Colin's N3 309 can fare better. Even the 205 has a curious case of an 88' 1.6L A6 licensed Colin livery, a UI "1991" from DR2's RB's 1.9L N3 car livery that is gone now, but stated power matches the works >87' 1.9L Gr.A7. I miss a contemporary Renault 11 Turbo (late) in this class to spice things up.)

You're on a Gr. N3 car vs. more powerful Gr. A7 entries, on an event with steep hillclimbs. Keep it up!

(Still, I suspect CM took some liberties to better match them, so Colin's N3 309 can fare better. Even the 205 has a curious case of an 88' 1.6L A6 licensed Colin livery, a UI "1991" from DR2's RB's 1.9L N3 car livery that is gone now, but stated power matches the works >87' 1.9L Gr.A7. I miss a contemporary Renault 11 Turbo (late) in this class to spice things up.)
I was wondering why this thing did not like the climbs, lol. Thx for the info, ignorance may not always be bliss, I learned that.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back