ZTMZClub Pacenote Tool

DiRT Rally 2.0 ZTMZClub Pacenote Tool 2.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't hear any changes. What to do exactly to make it work
Hi Sagal,

You may need to make sure the game UDP port was correctly opened, and the ZTMZTool recieved the UDP pkgs correctly during the racing.
Also make sure the you can hear something when hitting the "Play Example" button on ZTMZTool main UI.
AAAlso make sure you're not using Simagic/Moza wheels or Dirt Telemetry Tool/Simhub in the meanwhile. If so, a Simhub DR game port forwarding setting would help to solve the problem.

It works just the same as Simhub (which digests the UDP pkgs from DR game to display the Dashboards).

And... if it's working and you hear both original and ZTMZTool voices, try to turn off the "Speech" in "Audio" settings in the DR game.

Last edited:
Hello!
The countdown audio files don't work.
How do i solve this;
Yes, the countdown files only works for Richard Burns Rally (RallySimFans ver) now, since in Dirt Rally series, the UDP messages come up time varies in different Game Modes (Time Trail/Online Daily Event...), and I cannot find the countdown in memory of the game process (reading memory not working), so It's not supported.

Sry for the late response... busy for other things and didn't check the forum.

Can add support new EA WRC game also?
I test and confirm that works my motion sim (1.11.2023).

WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Can pick telemetry data this way in EA WRC?

Can add support new EA WRC game also?
Planned but since no UDP data and I'm not an expert on CE/CheatEngine (by reading memory to get the data), just waiting for the official patch for UDP data support.

I test and confirm that works my motion sim (1.11.2023).

WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Can pick telemetry data this way in EA WRC?
Not sure, seems that it did leverage the CE & mem reading things, according to WRC Telemetry Patch's prior releases for WRC10/G, the telemetry data simulated are limited, maybe not possible for track recognition & mechanism to play pacenote depend on current car's position in the track..

Will check it later. and will support EA WRC ASAP if solution found. :)
Thanks!

---- Updated ----
Just checked, WRC Telemetry Patch is using dll injection and the telemetry data is really limited. To make pacenote tool work, TrackLength, LapDistance, or maybe PositionZ data are mandatory..

Last edited:
New UDP specification updated by EA Sports WRC, looks great and can be no more conflict with Simhub,Moza... any more. Will work on it when the patch delivered to steam.
That patch now published in Steam and EA WRC telemetry config file can be found Documents\My Games\WRC\telemetry

That patch now published in Steam and EA WRC telemetry config file can be found Documents\My Games\WRC\telemetry
Yes, we're working on it. :)
current progress:

* track recognition (Done)
- by track length & car start position.
* track pacenote recording (WIP)
- audio recording, audio file segmentation, AI speech2text, text to pacenote tokens. (Proof of Concept done)
- 204 tracks recording (WIP)

Maybe it will be available this month.

Bugs in UDP packages:
1. stage_current_distance is not as accurate as that in DR1/DR2/RBR, show stopper.
2. session_start/end triggered the same as session_update, cannot tell if the stage session is paused or ended.

How is going new EA WRC game update this pacenote tool and when that been added and release?

@

strawhatboy

We have made refined pacenotes for about 13 countries/regions, while due to the show stopper#30 mentioned above, currently we stopped recording and refining to reduce the rework effort.

for the current 13 countries/regions, it works but not perfect. which means if there is any collision, wrong way or big cut in the game, the pacenote call timing will change because of the inaccurate stage_current_distance.

but if you want to try, there's a preview version here: https://gitee.com/ztmz/ztmz_pacenote/releases/tag/v2.99.99.3

We're waiting for EA Sports WRC team to fix these bugs in the UDP, but seems that they're busy on other things like graphic performance, multiple screen, VR etc.
Also we find that maybe we can try with the position_x, _y, _z in the UDP to make it accurate, while xyz seems to be also inconsistant with that in DR1, DR2. That's why SIMHUB cannot use xyz to draw the 2d map correctly, we are worried someday EA WRC team will also "fix" this xyz issue which could make the tool unavailable, so there's no progress on this direction.

Meanwhile, we also find that by using Unreal Engine's toolset, the packages in the game can be unpacked and the audio files can be replaced easily, so we're currently working this way to support Chinese co-driver calls. Even it's easy but there are thousands of audio files... that's also a lot of work but doable.

Thanks.

We have made refined pacenotes for about 13 countries/regions, while due to the show stopper#30 mentioned above, currently we stopped recording and refining to reduce the rework effort.

for the current 13 countries/regions, it works but not perfect. which means if there is any collision, wrong way or big cut in the game, the pacenote call timing will change because of the inaccurate stage_current_distance.

but if you want to try, there's a preview version here: https://gitee.com/ztmz/ztmz_pacenote/releases/tag/v2.99.99.3

We're waiting for EA Sports WRC team to fix these bugs in the UDP, but seems that they're busy on other things like graphic performance, multiple screen, VR etc.
Also we find that maybe we can try with the position_x, _y, _z in the UDP to make it accurate, while xyz seems to be also inconsistant with that in DR1, DR2. That's why SIMHUB cannot use xyz to draw the 2d map correctly, we are worried someday EA WRC team will also "fix" this xyz issue which could make the tool unavailable, so there's no progress on this direction.

Meanwhile, we also find that by using Unreal Engine's toolset, the packages in the game can be unpacked and the audio files can be replaced easily, so we're currently working this way to support Chinese co-driver calls. Even it's easy but there are thousands of audio files... that's also a lot of work but doable.

Thanks.
Hello @strawhatboy,

What would be the problem when, after installation, when I try to open that new ztmz next gen program, it starts and looks like the real new software home page, but turns off/crashes after a few seconds???

Is the installation package okay or am I missing some necessary update from the computer that is related to the newer user interface in the application.

The old style latest released program 2.99 works for me, but I can't try EA WRC pacenotes.

(Edited: I have also tested a clean installation multiple times different ways, restart computer every step etc... and tried to install both the latest NET8.0 and version .NET 6.0, but these steps not help my problem)

Sincerely

Last edited:
Hello @strawhatboy,

What would be the problem when, after installation, when I try to open that new ztmz next gen program, it starts and looks like the real new software home page, but turns off/crashes after a few seconds???

Is the installation package okay or am I missing some necessary update from the computer that is related to the newer user interface in the application.

The old style latest released program 2.99 works for me, but I can't try EA WRC pacenotes.

(Edited: I have also tested a clean installation multiple times different ways, restart computer every step etc... and tried to install both the latest NET8.0 and version .NET 6.0, but these steps not help my problem)

Sincerely
Hello again!

After few tests I found a solution. After installed the program on the laptop and opened the software normally, I took a copy from the savefiles folder and pasted it to simrig PC. After transferring the folder, I opened the program without any issues and it worked on the gaming PC.

Here is the first test where everything works together in EA WRC and also Pacenote plugin works very well!!!

Thank you very much for this opportunity to get early access on this plugin software.

Hello again!

After few tests I found a solution. After installed the program on the laptop and opened the software normally, I took a copy from the savefiles folder and pasted it to simrig PC. After transferring the folder, I opened the program without any issues and it worked on the gaming PC.

Here is the first test where everything works together in EA WRC and also Pacenote plugin works very well!!!

Thank you very much for this opportunity to get early access on this plugin software.

Thanks for using the tool and glad to see it's working!! Since it just partially support EA WRC, the preview software currently focus on the experience on DR1/2 and RBR SimRallyFans. and we are bring some new dashboards along with the tool:
1707307862217.png

Maybe after UDP was fixed by EA WRC, full tracks will be supported. :)

Any upcoming updates?

Simhub:

9.2.5 – 9.2.6 – 13/03/2024​

• Feat : Added EA WRC location and car models extracted from the new telemetry ID fields

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%