Zero steering rotation?

I'm having a rather frustrating problem with rF2 making my G25 behave like a digital input, practically, with almost no steering rotation.

The behaviour first appeared after I purchased the GT3 Challengers pack but those cars aren't the only ones affected. Also, steering may not necessarily be buggered every time I launch the game. I have verified the game files, rebuilt my controller preset and even removed the player folder, none of which has helped :unsure:

There's also another, possibly related bug with the force feedback sometimes pulling the wheel to the right (not a matter of inverted FFB).

I wonder what's going on :O_o:

Lol steering looks binary left or right. Assume this is limited to RF2 only, have you checked there are no custom profiles in the Logitech software UI?
I have all games use the same profiler settings. The weird behaviour never carried over to any other game.
When this happens, how does it look in the controls menu where you can see the graph filling? Same behavior?
No, in the menu the wheel worked fine. Only when I took to the track I got the on/off type steering. Even then the in-game steering wheel appeared to have the range as set in the menu.

I finally reinstalled the game and rebound the controls using the default G25 preset as a base. I have a feeling it could be related to the vehicle-set steering wheel range which I've now turned off and enjoyed a number of pleasant laps as a result. Touch wood :cautious:

I know that after a looooong time waiting, the auto rotation finally got fixed for the g29. From what I've read it was a problem with the logitech sdk. AMS faces the same thing but got it working a while ago.
Maybe it now broke the g25 at some occasions. :(

Report back if it really was the rotation setting or something else! Might something worth mentioning to the rF2 devs!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 114 13.4%