zbw's Ferrari 488 GTE (aka GTLM) @ Spa Francorchamps

Usually you want to set the final drive ratio so that the engine just touches the rev-limiter (or redline in older cars) at the end of the longest straight. Zerobandwidth's tweak to Kunos' 488 GT3 (the tweak is available here on RD but you need the Kunos dlc to make it work) seems to be the exception. If you gear the car long (so that, theoretically, it could reach 180 mph), and the car actually tops out at 155 mph; normally you would go back to your setup and set the theoretical top speed at 155 mph or a little higher. Wrong. Now the car tops out at only 142 mph. The Kunos 'donor' car is famous for swallowing all the revs you can give it, but the tweaked ver hates revs like a marine Diesel. It reaches its actual top speed way below the rev-limiter/redline. I think the issue is the turbocharger. Like most turbos, it's designed to give max boost around the torque peak and fall off as you rev higher. I suspect it's falling off way too fast (or so it looks on the boost gauge). I did my best to make it right. Ten-lap race setup.

Attachments

• Spa_01-27-2021.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Depends which Corvette. It's faster than the C6, about as fast as the C7 and slower than the C8. As to where to find it, you search for it. (Spoiler alert: it's right here on RD; posted Dec. 31, 2020.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back