Zandvoort Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Zandvoort 2.jpg

The Circuit Park Zandvoort has been released for rFactor 2.

Deployed to the simulation as a free addition from Studio 397, Zandvoort currently sits at an early 0.20 build status and as such remains a little bit away from what can be considered a full quality release candidate at this stage.

Due to form part of the next stage of 'World's Fastest Gamer' competition, the new track has been developed completely from scratch by Studio 397 and is released earlier than ideal in order to fit in with the next stage of the online competition.

Despite some obvious issues with the current state of the release, the track itself remains perfectly playable and Studio 397 have confirmed further developments will be coming in the near future.

You can download the track HERE.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397.

rFactor 2 Zandvoort 3.jpg

rFactor 2 Zandvoort.jpg

If you are a fan of rFactor 2 then you really need to visit our rFactor 2 sub forum, here you will be able to discuss the game with fellow enthusiasts, seek advice and guidance on many aspects of the sim and take part in some awesome club racing events in our newly re-launched rFactor 2 Racing Club. Go on, you know you want to....

What are your first impressions of the track? Are you impressed with this latest content addition? Let us know in the comments section below!

Visually is as a 0.2 beta. Bad. But its ok and acceptable.
Meshing i was expecting a bit more bumpy especially after playing back to back AC's version (which is not laserscanned BTW). So i am not sure.

Mclaren got an update (1.03) and i found her to be much better and less (almost zero) floaty than before.
I would like to be even more less forgiving over the limit but overall it's a nice combo.

AC's version far to bumpy. Zandvoort recently got completely new tarmac, except for the last corner.

You just get scratch-made track for free from team that people obviously think's they do all this with only hope's and dream's, and what you see mostly? Whining whining whining... Jeesus criest. Great track with right car's, feel's great on the best sim out there, first time really loving to drive Zandvoort, and the reason is RF2. Of course most of the whiner's go to drive there with F1's or something like that and say it's bad and wrong and blaa blaa blaa... Wonder why? Does F1 fit to Zandvoort in real life today with their high downforce " you gotta go average plus million-mph's per lap " A bit different thing in the past with mostly mechanical stuff when there was more meaning for the driver, not just... Set your wing's, put stickiest tyre's and same old all blaaah's like always and go flatout with million-mp/h's, and wonder why the race's are dull. It's the combination's on every track, should keep that in mind and think about the real world when doing thing's in sim... If you want to mess around, wait for PC2 and go drive with Formula-A on snowy Monaco during night. Maybe sim's are not for you...
Dude...breath mate. R u on pills?

Someone mentioned the weird Shadow appearing some distance away from the car, and it's seeing the exact same way for me. The only way to get rid of it in dx11 for me is to either disable shadows completely, or crank it to max quality.
Yeah, I mentioned in on another forum.
Setting shadows to max only moves the 'cloud' a bit upwards and more in front, but it's still there. Completely disabling shadows got rid of it, but then it looks a bit weird to me. This is (iirc) the only track that has this issue in rF2.

Edit: I stand corrected, it seems to be on every track, but a bit different and less disturbing on most.

Last edited:
the shadows appearing in front of the car has been there for me from day one on all tracks, i think its the way the engine renders the shadows, very annoying and a bit of an immersion breaker, id hoped when the game went into dx11 it might have been fixed, no such luck

All the tracks have this behavior (though you may may not notice it) as it is inherent in the lighting. Take a look at Atlanta Motorsports Park for another prime example.
Can't take a look at Atlanta because I removed that (don't really like that track :cool:).
But I did try a dozen others. Though much less noticeable on most, it is indeed present on all.
So I probably gave more attention to this one, since I was comparing it with the Zandvoort 2014 I already had installed (which Btw also shows a bit of this behavor, but less visible).

Not sure why there are so many negative comments about something that is released for free? You don't have to drive/install it. Just don't subscribe to it in the steam workshop.

It is still a 0.2 version and I think it was explained why they released it so early. For a 0.2 version this is already very drivable.

I just tried the USF2000 on this track and it is a blast to drive that car on this track.:) Quite a few corners where you can drive the car on its limit, being able to catch/correct oversteer.

Thanks Studio397 for releasing another great free track. :)
AGREE

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing