Resource icon

Tracks Zandvoort F1 Layout 0.23

Login or Register an account to download this content
It looks like it's fairly accurate. The runoff in the Hügenholtz-corner is wider to the right`, there's a new building on the right between Hügenholtz and Slotenmaker-corner on the one side and Hans Ernst-corner on the other side and in the end there's a tunnel below the Arie Luyendijk-corner.

There's excellent footage of details on Youtube:
and

Great effort to make the changes to this track and I hope you will continue to do so. It'll make you world-famous in Holland! :)

Last edited:
Hey sylence01,

Stellar idea and I'm super stoked to give it a go. But do you have any idea why the track remains the original layout for after installing the file? Are there any mods I'm missing?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work mate.

I'm about to install it, however, to do so, I will have to temporarily remove another version of Zandvoort I have that has the same name. It would help if you could rename the track and folder to zandvoort_f1 or something similar.

if i make the update, rename all.

Overall, very impressed with what you've done so far, and this has appeared much earlier than I expected.

To address sun position and patch issues, I added Geotags and made a VAO file for it (copied info and file from Kunos' version).

The transitions between the old track to the newer curves are a little more abrupt than they should be, and some of the runoff areas could be "built up" in some areas. There's different modeling procedures to address this. In 3Ds Max, I create a crosshatch of bezier splines with a surface modifier applied to them to make the polygon mesh track surface. You can "sub-edit" the bezier curves to update the curvature and banking of the track and surrounding surfaces. Using beziers helps with editing the surface, and smoothing and transitions. To add "bumpiness" you can add an Edit Poly modifier and either manually add smaller bumps or add "noise" to the mesh surface.

Great updates! This is developing well. I'll test this latest (2.1) when I have some time.

On the previous, the second new turn had some issues, as if there's "ripples" on the surface, and there's still some abrupt bumps in a few other places that really upset an F1 car.

it looks great but there are some issues with accuracy rn. The Hugenholtz corner is not great. In reallife it had a dip on the inside( drove it myself) and Audi-s is not up to date. its a bit shorter. But its a great start!
Great comment, but you did not justify the renewed Hugenholtz bocht with "dip on the inside" only... As we had also the chance driving there, I would minimum call it a deep dip or even better a deep dive into the apex there... Fantastic build!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.9%