Youtube upload very slow

Hello,

I'm trying to upload two videos on youtube to show the RD cc beta test group some problems I encountered with the latest version.

The two videos are very short, 20 and 15 sec in .avi format recorded with fraps. However, it takes ages to upload them. The youtube system tells me it would take two hours oO.

I's the first time I'm using youtube to upload files, I guess i'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestion?

Claudio

Thats where I'd put my money. Most isp's provide upload facilities that are only a small fraction of the speeds available to download. Try compressing the videos.

If you can reproduce the problems you are trying to show I'd suggest first re-recording the videos. Reduce your in-game resolution and make sure that fraps is set to record half size. Also if you dont need sound, turn of sound recording as it will only add to the size of the final video.

• Bert Van Waes

Yep, it will be gigantic, the only thing you can do then is fe. run it through movie maker. You choose how you wanna save it and then save it. Video will be sooooooooooooo much more smaller.

How big are the actual video's in MB's? And do you know what your current upload is on your connection?

It's possible your video's are quite large despite being short due to not being compressed? and you have a slow upload which makes it slow at getting on to You tube, just a guess though.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Hi,

the first video is 930 Mo while the second 595 Mo. I have no clue if it's too big for youtube.

Regarding my connection speed I get as result 11.45 Mb/s for dl and 0.98 Mb/s for upload

@ Dave

I'm not very informed on this matter but as far as I know, here in Belgium provider sucks. Not enough competition therefore bad service, even though dl speed is ok I guess.

I can reproduce the problem but I need sound. As for the size it's already set to half. Haven' t tried to reduce details, thanks.

@ Ben and Bert

lol I'm not sure if it's huge, but if my calculation are correct, in relation to the upload speed it seems huge.

I will try to run the videos on movie makers and check the size again.

Thanks guys :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing