YouTube slow in Firefox - fine in Chrome

There's lots of talk on the internet why this happens but I couldn't find any credible information yet. I'm baffled because if I open the very same video in Chrome a few seconds later it's loading perfectly fine. Firefox however takes minutes to load the site, let alone buffer the video.

Did anyone experience the same issues? I don't want to completely switch to Chrome. :)

I do not have this problem with firefox at all. I prefer firefox over chrome because it lets me manage cookies better. I let firefox ask me permission to install first party cookies and automatically block 3rd party cookies. It's the only browser i can set it like that.

Have you tried...

-delete history
-delete all cookies
-clear the cache
-run spybot search and destroy
-run malwarebits

And if that don't help...

-uninstall/reinstall the flash plugin in firefox

And if that don't help either...

-uninstall/reinstall firefox

I prefer firefox over chrome because it lets me manage cookies better. I let firefox ask me permission to install first party cookies and automatically block 3rd party cookies. It's the only browser i can set it like that.
Except Opera. And IE even :D

As far as Tom's issue goes, perhaps Firefox is loading HTML5, and Chrome is loading Flash, or vice versa? I've had that with the same video in different browsers.

I do not have this problem with firefox at all. I prefer firefox over chrome because it lets me manage cookies better. I let firefox ask me permission to install first party cookies and automatically block 3rd party cookies. It's the only browser i can set it like that.

Have you tried...

-delete history
-delete all cookies
-clear the cache
-run spybot search and destroy
-run malwarebits

And if that don't help...

-uninstall/reinstall the flash plugin in firefox

And if that don't help either...

-uninstall/reinstall firefox

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, no, no. So I'll try to re-install Flash and Firefox. Thanks. :)

The problem was/is not firefox. It's flash. For some reason they don't test it well enough with Firefox.. Nowadays it works reasonable. But sometimes you need to go one version back in time..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%