Your (Upcoming) thoughts about Rio 2016

I know this might be a bit late, but feel free to leave your thoughts, funny moments, country achievements etc in here.:)

rio-2016-2-1.jpg

What are your favourite sports of the Olympics? What do you think of the country that it's held in? Has you country won anything so far? Which country will get the most medals in total? Feel free to leave something down below.:)

I dont feel that good about it.
Mainly because the costs of such an event are extremely high and a country like Brasil should focus on their problems rather than spending so much money on an event like that.

Even more alarming that they do the Olympics right after they hosted the World Cup Tournament in football already.

Last year i wrote my term paper about the socioeconomic consequences of an big, international sportevent at the example of the worldcup 2014 in brazil.
There were much more negative aspects about it than positive ones - Just focusing on the world cup. I predicted some stuff and that stuff already happened. They have a big crisis and while it was quite quiet about that during the world cup, the symptons could already be seen back then and now the problem gets bigger and bigger - And at that point they host another major sport event while the spotlight is on their country.

Well keeping it relevent to RD, it's a shame they decided to bulldoze the Jacarepagua circuit to build the Olympic park, but at least we can still drive it in AMS.

When I am watching cycling I can just about forget about the IOC corruption, rampant drug taking, huge amounts of wasted cash, local people thrown out of their homes, etc., etc. but the rest of the time that is mostly what the Olympics means to me. :(

Shame that Dumoulin couldn't snatch gold on the time trial, still silver is decent. Fabian Cancellara rode the time trial of his life at his final olympics.

Also I'm very happy about the gold that our rowers managed to get. Didn't expect that at all tbh.

A shame the dutch hockey players lost against Germany, now they're 2nd in the group and they might face Australia in the quarters who you'd better want to evade.

Also a shame that van den Berg couldn't get bronze at the archery event. He was so close. :(

Yeah Delpo is such a legend. He's the former no. 5 of the world. He's had 1,5 years of terrible wrist injuries and surgeries but this is his comeback year. It's great to see Delpo doing well again. Always one of my favourites to see him playing. The fact he's also eliminated Djokovic and Nadal indicates he's an absolute world classy tennis player.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%