F1 2010 Your rating of F1 2010 - The Game (pre-patch)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it a 7.

Everything about this game feels nice. The first time since Geoff Crammond you need to choose tire sets and manage them etc. Full GP weekends seem authentic and atmospheric. All sadly let down by average handling for me. I'm not saying it's really bad, but it doesn't feel much like driving, but more like directing a animated car! All the features like dynamic track and using sets of tires is all lost as there's no discerning difference in feel!! I might be missing it, but I hate the fact I can't change the Steering ratio like in rFactor, Race On and GTR2. I know there is the saturation and all of that, but it is quite severe rather than a subtle 0.5 degree changes you can do in the proper sims to get the feel I want from the steering. Also the spins feel "canned" like GP2's used to. You feel you have no control over the situation until you find out you just need to brake and all is saved!! Punctures are infuriating as they do happen too often for no real reason, but the Ai are surprisingly good. I'm not saying they're super quick or without fault, but they have good spacial awareness and drive clean and make NFS Shifts look an absolute joke.

I'm not going to bash Coddies because they have obviously made an effort to make this more "sim like" than say Grid and this game is definately enjoyable. If the driving had felt like MMG's F1 2007 or FSONES 2009 mod then it would have got a 10/10 from me.

I think the general console market will really enjoy this game. Heck I think I'll get some pleasure from it too.

I gave it a 5, if they improved the FFB + optimised the graphics (many people having bad FPS regardless of settings/pc spec) and fixed the various bugs it would be an 8, further if it had physics like FVA or i like RFactors F1 car mods (FsOne 2009, BWM Sauber official car) then it would get a 10.

Its a good game, probably a very very good one if you haven't already been spoiled by playing other games/sims.

today my first test off the game.

After very long installing , i start game......................
then i have to register at same windows site.
when that is done the start up takes just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long . with loading and loading.

After 2 hours i am ready for my first race. with no pratice. Nothing happens.
The reson is its use keyboard instead off G27.
when that is fixed , the steering is just lagging, about 0.5 1 sec delay when i turn, brake osv

Can say i have used alot off hours aready and need a brake.
i will pick it up again , but for me a clear 1 and i hope i will like it in the furture.

A CLEAR 1 ore 0 to -1

Erling Bøhmer

The graphics is beautiful and the atmosphere really good. Codemasters has hit that part of the game very well.

Unfortunately the part lacking is the important part, the handling of the car. I am not talking about how realistic the handling is. It is fine that the cars has become easier to drive than they really are. I am fine with it not being a simulator.
However what i do miss, is a "feel" for what the car is doing. I can't feel how much grip there is, or how close to the limit i am. Either i understeer off the road, or stay on track. Sometimes i do a spin with next to no warning. There is not the feeling of slowly approaching the limit, and then go over it. That is a disappointment. Also it is somehow impossible to lock up under braking, and you can floot the throotle with no instability at corner exits. This leads to a very unrealistic driving feel.

I give the game 7/10. The game is well presented and is entertaining. Unfortunately the driving part lets the rest of the game down. It is fine to have "arcady" handling. But the lack of feel is a breaker.

This game is far away from 9/10 or 8/10. I dont accept the new trend of rankings, where is average game ranked 8 or 7/10 instead of 5/10.

So, according this, I would say 7/10 is the best choice for me (which is high over average), good fun, good looking, good driving I also like that idea about your career. Just annoying AI and some bugs let me dont rank one point higher, and some little points as formation lap, safety car or so, pink rev lighters (eh?). It just can destroy that atmosphere I am looking for - I am just very punctilious man who wants have everything sorted (I dont care about arcade, simcade or sim though), I just want to have real feelings from the car and around :) I also didnt find yet any difference between my answers to reporters.

EDIT: but how more this game is bad that better would be the upcoming one! :thumb:

In hope that CM will push out a patch soon i gave it a 9/10. Its good fun to play as a xbox game with some friends online. Glad i didnt get it for pc as i new i would be comparing it to much to F1 mods on Rfactor.
I cant wait for CM to fix the gear shifting sound delay , Its really off puting.
Overall a good game minus the bugs.

• weeges

I like many gave it an 8. I did so, knowing that many bugs will be fixed with one iteration of a patch or another.... Generally, I get frustrated with the need to patch, wishing that just once a company could release a game that was error free. Perhaps the idea of testing one hundred random computers in different locations/countries with an engineer present to spot the bugs, catalog them and address each set independently - rather than rely on beta testing with inaccurate and unscientific observations occurring.... However, from a business perspective I also understand the need to put a product to market to recapture capital outlay. I wish that I had a little more control in set ups - not that it would do any good, but still the illusion of control occasionally allows performance to exceed actual skill.....
8 is enough.....patch it up and I'll reserve a slot for another ranking after that....

• de Frysk

After some doubt, a 7 (round up, from 6.6 ;).) The game has a lot of potential, i really dig the carreer mode. But all the errors.. Really. racing around malaysia with the wings set to almost zero.. Yeah, right. and the weird engineer, saying stuff that is either BS or not possible.
If they bring out the big patch, say, this week, than poll again, maybe it will rate higher if they fix the weird stuff.
Though i'm afraid that they think, hey, lost season, let's fix the new car, see if that gives a smooth ride. But hopefully they get some proper test-drivers for the next season. (to speak in metaphores :p )

• EvilEyez

I gave it a 7 as well, I think it's a great driving experience especially for the online part.

However, the flaws in the offline modes (pit stop bugs, phony AI times in at least qualli and practice sessions, not to mention the engineer's comments on my lap times) stop me from rating it any better. I will keep having fun online, but the 'be a driver' feeling that codemasters tried to bring for the career mode didn't convince me at all with all the bugs in there now...

• Blastu2pcs

PC version: I gave it a 7 because it won't let me customize my Logitech Driving Force pro button settings and the game locks up if I watch a replay all the way to the end. Plus all the other known bugs. I've been waiting for this game since F1 Challenge 99-02 came out. Besides that, the game is awesome and runs fairly well on my rig.

I gave it a 7 becauese it feels to much like an arcade game to me. The Physics are good and the eye candy is excellent but I would trade it for some more realism. You can view any data after a lap so you can't see where you lose time. Also you can't save the game in the race. I always liked that option so you can go for the whole distance even when you have time to race about 20 laps or so. For me Geoff Grammonds F1 series is still the best out there.

• de Frysk

I think piracy exists mainly thanks to buggy BS like this.
If you buy a car, and after a couple of 100 of km's the engine drops out, your rear window didn't close from the moment you parked it in your own garage and en every time you turn the car off, you're garage explodes, you're not gonna wait untill the car manufacturer thinks about a solution now is it?
You get a damn new car, and in the states you probably sue the bastards. And right you would be. a car doesn't get on the road untill 1000 of km's have been driven, and if 1 thing happens, they pull back all cars. But no, not with software. It's something you have to deal with. I mean, a couple of glitches here and there, ok, i can understand that. Child-disease and all. But this is major buggy! If there would be a rotten tomato award for bad finishing, this game would win the award.
Well, next issue, f*** that, i'll dl the game, and if it works proper i'll buy it. Consider it a testround with my new car.
Cause at the moment, my new car doesn't let me in. It kicks me back in the garage as soon as i;m halfway starting the thing.
So, thats my opinion for this morning.

I rated it a 9. Bought it on Xbox and its just purely the best and most realistic racing game out there. However, seeing that there is no turning off the flag rules like you are able to do in other F1 games, I think that was this was only my let down, the rest is all good for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%