F1 2011 Your Questions/Requests Answered

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

We're expecting a review copy of the game soon and would like to know what you'd want to see/answered. Let us know and maybe we can make it happen in the run-up to the review. Videos, questions etc.

Looking forward to your requests! :cool:

--
Setup: G27, PS3, PC

Haven't been able to find a thread where we can share our Live accounts to race against or with eachother so I'll post mine here.
Add me as Nitrored if you'd like to do some races, or just practice.

Cheers :)

What console?

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me, I've just completed my second season driving for AT&T Williams, I've dominated both seasons, winning 2 WDCs and 1 Constructors Championship (could've won 2 but Barrichello didn't do too good the first season) but I haven't received an offer from any of the big 4 teams (Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari), why is this? Is it like 2010 where you need a certain reputation? (my reputation is currently 32) Beause in 2010 after one season with Virgin I moved right on to Ferrari.

What console?

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me, I've just completed my second season driving for AT&T Williams, I've dominated both seasons, winning 2 WDCs and 1 Constructors Championship (could've won 2 but Barrichello didn't do too good the first season) but I haven't received an offer from any of the big 4 teams (Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari), why is this? Is it like 2010 where you need a certain reputation? (my reputation is currently 32) Beause in 2010 after one season with Virgin I moved right on to Ferrari.
I'm sorry I don't have information to help you in this ...good game, Hi

Playing on a PS3.

Three questions:

1. Does damage have to be set to "Full" for mechanical failures to be turned on? If so has anyone had experience with this happening to AI cars? Is it worth putting up with the kamikaze AI to see some DNFs?

2. Is there a way to edit the eyes of your career driver? My character is from Japan and he looks like Jenson Button. :frown:

3. Do your car improvements actually carry over to the next season unlike in 2010?

Thanks for any help.

Playing on a PS3.

Three questions:

1. Does damage have to be set to "Full" for mechanical failures to be turned on? If so has anyone had experience with this happening to AI cars? Is it worth putting up with the kamikaze AI to see some DNFs?

2. Is there a way to edit the eyes of your career driver? My character is from Japan and he looks like Jenson Button. :frown:

3. Do your car improvements actually carry over to the next season unlike in 2010?

Thanks for any help.

1. Yes. No idea about AI.
2. No. Perhaps with mods.
3. No idea, I'd guess so.

Hi i was just wondering about the safety car feature on the game..i'v already played the game (ps3) full race distance in Australia and i just wanted to know will AI cars cause the safety car to come out? i'v seen on a few videos on youtube as people crash into the AI for the sake of the safety car, not any ai cars causing any collisions.

I don`t know if someone already posted this question, but... how can i play split screen on PC? I have an controller and a keyboard, but i just can`t get them to work. It says "waiting for player two" or something like that.
Thanks in advance.

You can only use DRS during the race if you are on dry tiers and the gap to the car in front of you is 1s or less at the detection point. In FP and Quali you can use ist whenever you want.
KERS is free to use at any time. Maybe got a mechanical failure?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%