Your opinion on Simcade so far?

Dear forum users on RaceDepartment website

Here is my personal opinion that I would like to show on this sub-genre of driving game, to me, this feels more like a basic version of Sim Racing as it feels like PlayStation/Xbox consoles and mobile phone type racing game, by having a more forgiving driving model, A.I opponents, lesser setups for virtual cars, and the catch up/rubber banding are usually enabled as default.

To me, proper higher-end sim racing games such as Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, DiRT Rally, and Automobilista series are more associated with PC in my opinion.

I guess that fewer console owners would be able to afford a racing wheel that supports force feedback compared to the gaming PC owners so they may end up preferring Simcade or Open-World Arcade-Style driving games over Sim Racing.

Not to mention that Simcades are generally easier than Sim Racing when it comes to controller pad optimizations too.

P.S My user name is to tribute to Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchise because they're both parts of my childhood and teenhood.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back