Your Movie of The Day

Can

This story is about an australian man, who participated in the Ironman contest with his son, who was born with brain problems.
The father did not see the illness of his son as a hurdle, he trained hard, and took part in the Ironman.

This contest is for strong people, with great willingness of winning. Finishing the Ironman is on the limit of human capabilities.

Ironman has 3 parts, and almost always starts at dawn:
- swimming 4km in the freezing morning cold
- bicycle 180km up and down the hills
- running the marathon distance of 42.5 km

This trial is not just incredebly hard physically, but mentally as well.

The worlds fastest times are around 8h15min, the man on the video finished the trial with his son in 17 hours.

I just wanted to share this video with you, it is an unbeleivable motivation for everybody for the life, does not matter if you are also a sportman or not.

Truly inspirational stuff Atti, nice find.
They are American's though not Australian from what I read.

Seeing and reading this, it brings us back to earth when we complain about trivial issues with our on-line races, doesn't it. Or other less significant issues in our lives that we let dampen our spirits and tempt us to give up.

I dont have it often that i have to cry watching movies, but you did it Atti!! Great movie its beautiful! Especially the part where he carries his son to his bike during the match and nobody is allowed to touch him. Dad is taking care of his son all the way. Pure love!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%