Your favorite mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those that are a part of the rFactor Racing Club, and also to those who are going to join (or have an opinion about the mods):

Which mod, which has been raced here recently at Race Department, is your favourite to take part in? You get one choice and one only - so think carefully before you answer! :wink2:

The problem is you've only listed the mods previously run here.. What you need is like GTR Evo has, a set amount of cars, some touring, some gt and the odd open wheeler and go for just a set few in each list.

For touring cars my personal choice would be
Skoda Octavia Cup
NAGT
WTCC BMW E90

For GT Cars
Panoz GT2
BMW M1 Pro-Car
PCC 07

Open Wheelers
Formula BMW
Japan F3
Cart 95

The majority like something that will give them close racing and a battle, nobody likes going round at 200mph in an F1 car like a loner.. Even use fixed setups, even if its only the gears and suspension settings to save people time of practice to get a half decent setup.

I was thinking of doing other polls soon - perhaps getting an idea for what types of races to host (easy/medium/hard mods etc.)

The thing is, if there is a mod everyone really likes that has been raced recently, it would show up in the poll.. Either way I think it's all useful - information is power after all! :D

I do love the PCC2007 mod, its been my favourite since Easter (since I had a gaming pc spec capable of running it full detail). The new edition of the Holiday Preview Mod v2 is fun too. However, my favourite for the late few weeks is the...

Italian and European Challenge by Apex ;)

For my favourite mods we have raced so far would be the Porsche, Megane, Karting, ALMS and Jap f3.

But I would like to race something new/haven't used on RD yet like Champ cars, Indy cars, Rallying, Hillclimb,Formula Nippon 2007,F1 1988,F1 2006 CTDP.

I like Sam's idea of having fixed setups, in my eyes this would make for closer racing.

• Steve Parker

Skoda Octavia Cup for me is best for good racing,but its not on list :disapointed:plus BMW M1 Pro-Car is good:highfive:

with only 1 vote to use i had to vote for dont mind :)

put of the mods we have already used:-

i think the Trucks would be more fun if we had shorter races and heats. simular to IRL.

heres just a rough idea.

Practice 30 to 60 mins.
Heat 1 qualify race 15mins - grid chousen at random.
Heat 2 sprint race 20mins - grid formend from quali race finnishing possitions.
Heat 3 feature race 30/40mins - reversed grid from sprint race.

i would also love to see the Karts return, theres still lots of tracks and Kart variations plus theres the wet races and maybe even try a simular race setup to the trucks.

Lupos are great fun on short tracks (and in the day light ;)), not tried the Clios yet but i bet there just as much fun.

Soapbox racers would be more fun if you didnt loose a wheel or 3 every time you touched a hay bale, maybe running with damadge off?

i think rFactor is a great game with so much more potental, so lets see if we cant put the Xfactor back into rFactor :dance2::clap:

and if the rFactor race admin need a hand with testing mods/tracks/uploading to RD or what ever you now where i`am :good:

From the mods mentioned I like the PCC mod the most. I think that one is also the most accesible (sp?).
I also like the Historix mod a lot but the problem with that one is that not everybody has GT Legends so not all rFactor people can race that mod.

We actually did use the F188 mod and one of the Indycar mods a while ago but there was very little interest for them. I would really like to have a nice big grid of racers on one of the ovals once...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%