Your favorite car on Spa?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
After all the hype the last months about the Formula 1 car and Spa I decided to give my subscription another go for one month.

Purchased Spa to enter the RD club event and took the FW for a spin again and have to conclude the same as the last time I tried it: not a formula 1 car because there is no downforce grip for some reason. Just feels weird!

Decided to give another open wheeler a go and came back to my first love: the Indy Car! Gosh what a beauty to drive this one on Spa! Lots of grip, awesome engine sounds and a forgiving handling. Love it :)

What is your favorite car on Spa?

The FW31 whilst being bloody quick, can be a sod to control at times, with the back end just losing grip at the most inconvenient time.

I've given the Star Mazda and Dallara Indy Car a run out at Spa, and they feel a lot more stable to me. I don't lap in the quickest times, but feel the SM/DIC are a safer bet for me, lol.

The MX-5 is solid, but the lap times are long, lol.

Will be testing the C6R this week in readiness for the weekend. God knows how that will go.

Well I'm more of an open wheeler guy, so first car that I tried on SPA was the FW31 and I had a big smile on my face exiting the GP pits and heading up Eau Rouge for the first time. I was yelling like a lil kid and yes while I was driving! haha :) Have yet to try the Indy Car here. But after doing some practice for the next RD club event here with the Vette, that is becoming one of my favs to drive here.

I have to agree with Will, the FW31 put a big smile on my face around Spa. After many laps I am finally able to keep the car intact and not spin out. Although I am not fast,I do enjoy the combo, to me the car just feels right at Spa. I have also taking a liking to the vette here as well.

Hard to pick really. The Radical was great fun in a race, but I've been enjoying driving some laps in the Impala SS with the Watkins Glen setup. Handles rather well and when you want to you can get it properly sideways for some fun. Also the way it takes bumps and curbs makes you appreciate how well iRacing simulates all that stuff.

After all the hype the last months about the Formula 1 car and Spa I decided to give my subscription another go for one month.

Purchased Spa to enter the RD club event and took the FW for a spin again and have to conclude the same as the last time I tried it: not a formula 1 car because there is no downforce grip for some reason. Just feels weird!

Try these sets for the Williams Bram, feels very good to me :)

Quali and Race sets.

Attachments

• Quali_SNL_EoD2010_F1_Spa_20L.sto
    2 KB · Views: 254
  • SNL_EoD2010_F1_Spa_20L.sto
    2 KB · Views: 273
Apparently, people seem to like tha Radical here :)
Will....? ;)

Hehe Very true Kevin! :) The Radical is indeed another great combo for SPA. With the great interest from RDers for Sunday's SPA club event, after the MX-5 Championship maybe we can run the Radical/Vette in a mixed class enduro? We shall see :)

For those that haven't seen the RD MX-5 signups here ya go. 12 spots left! Join in on the action with your fellow RDers
http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing-leagues/45917-racedepartment-mx-5-championship-signups.html

I'll have to reserve judgment on this as unfortunately my current setup doesnt run Spa very well. I've had no problems at other tracks but the FPS at Spa for me is terrible. Its a known issue but my current box needs updating anyway. I purchased Spa and the Cr6 to run with you guys here but my current FPS makes it unraceable. It looks awesome though....cant wait to try it with a new setup as its one of my fav tracks and I've probably run thousands of laps on the GPL 67 version.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%