You just can not beat it!

The Brazilian Stockcar's anyways. After owning just about every race sim under the sun , numerous mods , ect...I always find myself going back to AMS / GSC and running the V8 Stockcars. The sound , the way they drive , the overall balance and handling characteristics .....I still to this day have not found anything in a race sim....this perfect. I have a ton of mods , a ton of single cars and so forth that I've downloaded over the years...and some are possibly close , but when I really want a great race , just something awesome to drive and hear....Damn , I just can't find anything that beats these Brazilian Stockcars.

I started out running iracing at first , then found GSC 2012....then tried out AC , RRE . RF2 and PCars ( along with all the old Simbin titles ).....which I love most of them...I'm pretty easy going that way. But dang....the Brazilian stockcars are just incredible.

Tough week at work and just wanted to spin some hotlaps with the Ai ( which are incredible on most tracks! ).....and those dang cars can just put me in a good mood. So fun it should almost be illegal.

Stupid rant I guess...just had to say it.

I feel the same bro. Every now and then I'm trying amazing mods (GT3, DTM), as well as other in-game cars (V8SC, Porsche). But I keep getting back to Stock Car Brasil due to same reasons. The sounds are great, and the AI is the best among every other in-game cars, nothing compares to it inside AMS. (maybe RaceRoom can cope with).

BTW, there is a 2016 Skinpack available here at RD, amazing liveries, thats an incredible refresh in this series. You should give it a try: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2016-stock-v8s-skinpack.12895/

Fun driving experience. I love this game in general. Not perfect as no sim is and every sim-engine drives differently to every other sim-engine and real-life (regardless of car, setup, etc.) especially when pushing cars, getting them out of shape, driving the limits and past, what to do - driving technique wise - to extract better laptimes out of the car, and even how to control or save slides, etc. but AM is sure damn fun.

Just finished testing with the F309 @ Brasilia. Been driving only this combo (F309 @ Brasilia short) for the past 2 weeks. No other car, no other track (besides a touch of Santa Cruz do Sol) :)

Last edited:
I just spent a week at Santa Cruz do Sul (South Holy Cross in pt-BR) with Stock Car Brasil V8. Very technichal track, low speeds, good experience.

You MUST have to run at Interlagos, Curitiba and Goiânia. Those are the top three Brazilian tracks nowadays, and host several series in Brazil. :)

If you like to follow real-life races in your favourite sim, this Sunday (dec. 11th) Interlagos will host the Stock Car Brasil 2016 final. The series uses the 'Chicane Cafe' layout. Rubens Barrichello still got a chance to win his second championship, a very low chance tough.

Oh, and when you're done with the default track content (south american tracks, plus Red Bull Ring, Montreal, Suzuka, etc), you should definelly take a look at Patrick Giranthon's Mega Track Pack, featuring 20+ International Tracks around the world, with superb quality (including AI), very similar to default content. You can find it easily here in RD.

Regards!!

Honestly, I'll probably never be done with the official track content of AM (or the cars for that matter) - especially the South American tracks. I only download the odd track here and there if I really need it to go online (most of the time I choose a different server or play a different game entirely if I don't have the track/car but on occasion, I'll go out of my way to find and download them).

If everything in that track pack you mentioned is very good quality (including AI) then maybe I'll take a look at it especially if it's a popular "1-stop-shop" pack which covers - with a single download - many of the mod-tracks run online.

Last edited:
I just spent a week at Santa Cruz do Sul
I just post in that thread and quote Lorencini to get this incredibly awesome circuit on the radar of more people.
I never drove there before because i thought the layout wasn't worth even trying.

But today i started it up and OH BOY WAS I WRONG!

I can absolutely see this one becoming my new go to track.
It has about everything you'd want from a circuit.

I can absolutely see this one becoming my new go to track.
It has about everything you'd want from a circuit.

It's awesome, isn't is? :)

That's exactly what I felt when I've tried it the first time. And I race with Stock Car back then. Now I'm gonna try the MCR from my Endurance Brasil skinpack.

Then Daytona Road Course from @GTSpeedster with Metalmoro and Blancpain 2012 (that one from rfactor1, I've kinda convert it from AMS).

I kinda like the Velo Cittá with the MCR, nice combination. But Santa Cruz do Sul (South Holy Cross in literal translation) is awesome.

Have to agree with OP
After months out of simming for personal reasons. Got back into it:
Step 1: iRacing but gave up after a few days as I am not into that whole career mentality that depresses me - too much like real life not a game
Step 2: rFactor 2 nice but boy its visually tired and the interface is ridiculous despite it being a good drive - not exciting enough
Step 3: Assetto got the Porsche pack and Red Pack, great variety of cool cars and TBH felt good for a few days but then reality of the physics dawned as front grip is stupid at low speeds plus the max 24 cars in race plus, plus, plus... just not good enough.
Step 4. AMS and boom it just feels right. Bought the DTM mod from URD, bolted on the EEC GT3 mod and they are great, but the original Brazilian V8s are just super... Enough said!
PV

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back