Yet More Porsche Volume III DLC Images for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 1.jpg

Did you know Assetto Corsa have secured licencing rights to bring the Porsche brand over to the simulation? It's been kept pretty quiet you know...

Just in case you missed all the hype surrounding the three Porsche DLC "volumes" penned in for a release to the Kunos flagship simulator Assetto Corsa, the studio have thrown together a bunch of images on their Volume III DLC store page on Steam. Showing off some delightful highlights from the upcoming DLC pack due to release in a couple of days, the new big batch of shots are another welcome reminder of what is due to be one of the better stocked DLC packages coming to AC this year.

As mentioned above, the third Porsche instalment will land on Steam for PC gamers this Tuesday 20th December. Due to retail as a stand alone DLC for £5.99, players who wish to purchase all three packs can take advantage of the 'Season Pass' DLC that will secure all three instalments of the Porsche content for £12.93.

As a reminder for those of us who may not be familiar with what Volume III will contain, the full car list can be seen below. Please note the Macan is a free addition to the sim, and the 911 Turbo S replaces the 2017 911 GT3 RSR that has been delayed until January 2017, whereupon it will be released free of charge to owners of the Volume III DLC.

Porsche Volume 3 DLC Contains:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 * Coming as a free update in January 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Porsche Macan

To ease the wait until Tuesday, cast your eyes over these...
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 5.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 6.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 7.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 8.jpg
AC Porsche Volume 3 - 9.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Third and final Porsche DLC instalment will be released for PC on Tuesday 20th December, with console release to follow in 2017.

Ok so you know the drill by now I suppose. You like AC, we like AC. You like online racing, we do online racing. You like mods, we host mods. You make mods, we give you somewhere to chat about them. All under one nice and neat roof here at the Assetto Corsa sub forum. Go have some fun!

AC Porsche Volume 3 - 10.jpg AC Porsche Volume 3 - 2.jpg AC Porsche Volume 3 - 3.jpg

Do you like the latest batch of DLC preview images from Volume 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

C7-R is racing in both series. The C6-R is not competitive at all anymore
Both were developed by a private company, so they´re completly different to the GTE ones
You can believe that Porsche is slowly stepping down from the GT3-class
Not true, why should they do that ??:roflmao: GT3 is still booming
to find a cosy place in the WEC- and IMSA-series
They already have one
but developing a completely new car with middle-engine and other new concepts is certainly not just for driving some GTE-races
YES IT IS !! :mad:

I´m really bored to tell you the for me obvious future. Just look what happens. Rear engine in the GT3-class is the past and Porsche wants to be competitive in their genre. Racecar-drivers like Frikadelli Racing are loudly complaining about the GT-R and the results are speaking for themself. Porsche don´t build a very new car which will never see the road or even the VLN-track. That´s so obvious, but we will see who´s right quite soon i guess (april-may).

So tell me one specific GTE-car which never was developed for the GT3-specs as well!
If the RSR is not embarrassing the next months and good for podium, i bet my ass you will see not just one Porsche-GT3-car next Nürburgring 24h mainly the same than the RSR. The GT3-R isn´t competitive for endurance anymore and the GTE-specs are for testing first before selling to the customers. Other manufactures just choose the opposite way. If the RSR sucks for some reason, Porsche still have their GT3-R to sell and don´t have to admit it´s to old.
BMW M3 GTR46/e92 (never made an M3 GT3)
Ferrari 458 GT2/GTE different from the 458 GT3 Italia

BMW M3 GTR46/e92 (never made an M3 GT3)
Ferrari 458 GT2/GTE different from the 458 GT3 Italia
Why are people so stubborn? The RSR 2017 have a complete different concept and looks awesome. They don´t build such cars to race a few Endurance-races a year and selling completely other cars for the street.

One thing i really learned from the Porsche-packs: Porsche tries more to bring the racecars-handling to the road-version. They don´t be so completely different like the R8, Nissan GT-R and the rest in AC. And the buyers are clever enough to see that. Porsche would harm his reputation by driving a completely different car in races.

I think Porsche has already announced that the new RSR won't mean anything for it's road cars and other GT's (people were of course going crazy over the prospect of Porsche switching everything to mid engine).

Also the old RSR didn't have a whole lot in common with the GT3R, different engines, different chassis.

I think Porsche has already announced that the new RSR won't mean anything for it's road cars and other GT's (people were of course going crazy over the prospect of Porsche switching everything to mid engine).
And you are naive enough to believe this:laugh: As long as they have nothing else to sell, the current cars are the stars of Porsche technology. But the Caymans and 918 for example are mid-engine and the next GT3-car will be one as well. I say second quarter 2017 for the race-version.

the for me obvious future.
Maybe you´re the only one :whistling:
Rear engine in the GT3-class is the past
Yeah maybe, then they will built a mid engine GT3R, which will completly different from the 17` RSR again, but you won´t see it in the next 3 years !!
They don´t build such cars to race a few Endurance-races a year and selling completely other cars for the street.
They do !! They are GT cars but they are still prototypes, so have you ever seen an Porsche 919 Hybrid on the road ??

The mid-engine RSR will run in WEC and IMSA and never in VLN
And the rear-engine GT3R in VLN, Blancpain etc.
That´s fact !!

Last edited:
Why are people so stubborn? The RSR 2017 have a complete different concept and looks awesome. They don´t build such cars to race a few Endurance-races a year and selling completely other cars for the street.

One thing i really learned from the Porsche-packs: Porsche tries more to bring the racecars-handling to the road-version. They don´t be so completely different like the R8, Nissan GT-R and the rest in AC. And the buyers are clever enough to see that. Porsche would harm his reputation by driving a completely different car in races.
but why did they build all those one-off race cars back in the 60s-70s-80s? I guess those (now historics) really were a waste of time, right?

They do !! They are GT cars but they are still prototypes, so have you ever seen an Porsche 919 Hybrid on the road ??

Actually, yeah.
:p

55ed32f7-f6d9-4b72-bb4c-998113406b84_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

c1994607-324d-4b82-b91c-0af7c315278b_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

3c18faa8-db93-4d9a-9ce7-6147a87a8662_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

b7d9aa19-6e31-486d-afe4-97b1d482d16c_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

c6ec70ca-f9e2-43bd-a11c-a57825793888_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

8f2b255d-8e25-4c9e-b90c-328e8bc25cb0_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

d9574ef5-f639-47cb-b922-97759ddeb76a_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

Technology transfer from race to road cars is a fact. But that doesn't mean the RSR's concept will be adopted by 911 road cars in the future. Porsche doesn't need the RSR to develop a mid-engined car, they know how to do that. And the 911 isn't mid-engined for a reason - four seats. Practical sportscar for the family, that's all there is to it. Porsche doesn't need to transform the 911 into a supercar, no one says other models like Carrera GT or 918 aren't Porsche because they're not rear-engined. They'll probably just do another mid-engined sportscar/supercar above the 911 range at some point.

Actually, yeah.
:p

55ed32f7-f6d9-4b72-bb4c-998113406b84_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

c1994607-324d-4b82-b91c-0af7c315278b_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

3c18faa8-db93-4d9a-9ce7-6147a87a8662_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

b7d9aa19-6e31-486d-afe4-97b1d482d16c_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

c6ec70ca-f9e2-43bd-a11c-a57825793888_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

8f2b255d-8e25-4c9e-b90c-328e8bc25cb0_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

d9574ef5-f639-47cb-b922-97759ddeb76a_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

Technology transfer from race to road cars is a fact. But that doesn't mean the RSR's concept will be adopted by 911 road cars in the future. Porsche doesn't need the RSR to develop a mid-engined car, they know how to do that. And the 911 isn't mid-engined for a reason - four seats. Practical sportscar for the family, that's all there is to it. Porsche doesn't need to transform the 911 into a supercar, no one says other models like Carrera GT or 918 aren't Porsche because they're not rear-engined. They'll probably just do another mid-engined sportscar/supercar above the 911 range at some point.
still mad about that, went to sleep early got really to go early. set the alarm for 4pm instead of 4am.......my roommates didnt understand why was so sad that morning.

I´m really bored to tell you the for me obvious future. Just look what happens. Rear engine in the GT3-class is the past and Porsche wants to be competitive in their genre. Racecar-drivers like Frikadelli Racing are loudly complaining about the GT-R and the results are speaking for themself. Porsche don´t build a very new car which will never see the road or even the VLN-track. That´s so obvious, but we will see who´s right quite soon i guess (april-may).

Sorry, but I don't agree with your opinion.
The Porsche archived many wins in different championships around the globe this year.
Frikadelli Racing complained about the BoP for this car, not about the car itselfs (nevertheless the car was several seconds faster in the hands of other teams in this years VLN championship and scored five podium positions in ten races).
Same goes for the Porsche teams in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

I don't care whether they'll replace which with what as long as they'll give me that in AC.

For now GT3R is the very pinnacle of rear-engined Porsche GT race car (if we ignore ditched old RSR) and soon I can get my hands on it. What else is the matter?

The 911 GT3 R is in GT3-pace, but like the Audi LMS Ultra and SLS AMG not full competitive against newer GT3-cars like LMS, AMG and 488. The 911 GT3 RSR 2017 will be the replacement and debut soon in the 24h of Daytona.

The 2015 911 GT3 R is a new gen car, 2016 was its first full year of customer racing,in real life this season so far it is not very competitive but it seems to be down to the car being harder to drive for amateur drivers.

The RSR is whole different story, much more aero and radically different rules, the two are not comparable.

And you are naive enough to believe this:laugh: As long as they have nothing else to sell, the current cars are the stars of Porsche technology. But the Caymans and 918 for example are mid-engine and the next GT3-car will be one as well. I say second quarter 2017 for the race-version.

Hey sorry to break the bubble to you, but you are dead wrong.

The RSR is mid engined only to take advantage of the WEC's new aero rules introdcued last year: the rear engine placement eats into the space for a bigger diffuser, hence they are developing the RSR to be mid engined, rear engine was never a mechanical balance problem for Porsche.

Such aero rules isn't there for GT3 class so there is no reason to move the GT3 to a Mid engine based platform, and I for a fact knows in 2017 the car will stay the same in principle, because our team is running three of those and they are expected to be relevant at least until 2019.

Can i come back to this and laugh at your expense when the GT3R is still active in all the way to the end of 2017?

Btw, series 991.2 GT cars have already been spotted around the ring and they aren't mid engined.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%