The question is how will it look when the cars move. PC2 has nice graphics when it's static, but not really nice when the cars move.

Edit: I don't know how many times I have to say it, if you DISAGREE, contribute. This is a forum. Forums are for discussion. I like discussions, that's why I am here. And that's why I wrote this statement, which is my opinion, and I seriously think it looks all washed out and dirty when it's dynamic and I prefer clean graphics.

Good static shots don't always imply good dynamic graphics (where "good" is personal preference to some extent).

Last edited:
Well the graphics look really impressive I must say :D
Indeed!
They could be some shots in "Photo Mode", so the landscape and terrain are probably real, anyway I hope the in-game graphics stays very close to these shots.
As also @Charmin wrote, a Dirt Rally kind of physics would be nice. It's nowhere possible to dream about a sim, but decent physics would be more than welcome.

Looks awesome, i would prefer a Dirt 3 kinda style (Physics).
Obviously a sim is the best option, but the success of the game depends a lot of "normal" ppl, imagine get a super sim like SpinTires (kinda), pressing x in your controller like crazy spining your tire and get stuck in the mud, no one would buy a Dakar game again if that the case.
It's easier for the developers to take the arcade-ish way first, just like Dirt, the next Dakar game could we a little more realistic and so on for the next games...By now i just want a good Dakar game, and please no sand with concrete like superfice.

Richard Burns Rally physics, plz
Yes, I'm sure they will follow your advice. :D
And sell like 20% of the copies they would sell with some more ...relaxed physics. I'm not saying that I'm happy about it, just... being realistic. That and the eye candy, a today's formula for success.

Nice bullshots. Remember, DiRT 2 was supposed to look like this:

dirt2_visual_target_uk_battersea_01-620x.jpg

And in the end it looked like this:

DiRT%202%20-%2020%20December%202009%20-%2009.jpg

t3776p75-round-3-road-atlanta-feb-11th

How do you guys think they'll do the navigation? Will it just be a kinda 'follow the arrow' thing or will you have to navigate your way around, especially the bikes and quads where you are solo.

How do you guys think they'll do the navigation? Will it just be a kinda 'follow the arrow' thing or will you have to navigate your way around, especially the bikes and quads where you are solo.
I hope it will be a little bit more realstic, i would like to have that you can see the finish far away but you have to find the right way by yourself (maybe this could be like a "realstic" mode). Forza Horizon had something that i liked.
You had to choose the best way.

What 'screen' shots do tell us is they understand colour palette. If they can at least nail something close to that then they are on to something.
Games do tend to verge onto the side of cartoon colours far too much.

From an interview with the devs:
Following the real Dakar Rally rules, the players will have to select a real “Dakar 18” avatar pilot, receiving a “Road Book” in the beginning of each stage and race. The goal is not only to drive the vehicle from point “A” to “B”, but you need to read the road book and find each waypoint that will lead to the goal of the stage. That is not an easy task because not every patch of terrain is easy to overcome.

Edit: https://www.lemagsportauto.com/dakar-18-entretien-exclusif-avec-le-ceo-de-bigmoon-studios/29353/ (scroll down for english version)

Last edited:
I really wonder how it can be that easy to fool people.:unsure:

Those are 100% NOT ingame screenshots. Rather, the models are "real", but they're just rendered in something like Max where you can adjust the scene to be better looking than real life and get away with it.

Wait for real screenshots and videos, not this pre-rendered trash.

I really wonder how it can be that easy to fool people.:unsure:

Those are 100% NOT ingame screenshots. Rather, the models are "real", but they're just rendered in something like Max where you can adjust the scene to be better looking than real life and get away with it.

Wait for real screenshots and videos, not this pre-rendered trash.
There is loads of videos on youtube , people posted them before in these threads .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%