yet another pc build advice thread (UK based)

right as a treat for quitting da weed and also quitting fags very shortly i`m have permission from her in doors to treat my self to a descent pc from the proceeds of selling my off roader.

budget around £700

black budget tower case (so long as it does the job not after anything flash)
i7 cpu
6 GB ram
850W PSU
Asus MB
ATI 4890 1GB or 4870X2

i also need a 1TB HD & a creative sound blast x-fi xtreme audio pci-e but this will be in addition to the main budget as i`m using then in my old gaming rig to be used as an entertainment center, i may also need a DVDRW, i`ve got a liteon 1673s but will need to test it as i`m not sure if it still works ok.

i think thats everything lol

thanks Nigel :glasses-cool:

Don't want much for 700 smackaroonies do ya? lol

It's gonna be tight if you can do it. It looks more like a £900 jobby. i7 bundles are still pretty costly, £500+ and 4890s are £150+

Don't want much for 700 smackaroonies do ya? lol

It's gonna be tight if you can do it. It looks more like a £900 jobby. i7 bundles are still pretty costly, £500+

read the post fully, about £100 worth is extra to my £700 budget :tongue:

i posted this on another site and all in cost including delivery were £815, but that was from scan.co.uk and i`ve since been told there dodgy so i thought i`d post it here also :wink2:

budget around £700

Nigel Atkins said:
i also need a 1TB HD & a creative sound blast x-fi xtreme audio pci-e but this will be in addition to the main budget as i`m using then in my old gaming rig to be used as an entertainment center

Where does it say £100 extra?! lol

and like everything in life, quotes usually come out more expensive than originally planned :wink2:

Something like?

untitled-9.jpg

All from Here-

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/home.html

read the post fully, about £100 worth is extra to my £700 budget :tongue:

i posted this on another site and all in cost including delivery were £815, but that was from scan.co.uk and i`ve since been told there dodgy so i thought i`d post it here also :wink2:

What is wrong with Scan? Imo they are the best computer parts company in the UK. They have good prices, quick phone support, fast RMA return time and forum support over at hexus where Scan employees respond to questions/issues. Moreover being a member at hexus with about 25 posts entitles you to free next day delivery on orders over about £20. Win win to me...

What is wrong with Scan? Imo they are the best computer parts company in the UK. They have good prices, quick phone support, fast RMA return time and forum support over at hexus where Scan employees respond to questions/issues. Moreover being a member at hexus with about 25 posts entitles you to free next day delivery on orders over about £20. Win win to me...

you can blame Tusto, he told me scan were doddgy lol

thanks for the info Oli :good:

Thanks for all you input guys :good;

ive think ill have to build my new pc in 2 stages, its my daughters 21st birthday party on Friday so am struggling to get everything all in one go and i dont want to compramise the build spec.
So ill probebly be getting the Case,MB,CPU & Ram ASAP, and use my current Graphics card and PSU. then add new Graphics card and PSU shortly after that :good:

i cant see the OEM i7 on the site so i guess its out of stock :(

also im torn between the Asus P6T & the Gigabyte EX58, i like the fact that the Asus has 2 extra ram slots, but the Gigabyte looks like it has better Pci-e options. but i cant really see me needing more than 8GB of Ram.

Thanks for all you input guys :good;

ive think ill have to build my new pc in 2 stages, its my daughters 21st birthday party on Friday so am struggling to get everything all in one go and i dont want to compramise the build spec.
So ill probebly be getting the Case,MB,CPU & Ram ASAP, and use my current Graphics card and PSU. then add new Graphics card and PSU shortly after that :good:

i cant see the OEM i7 on the site so i guess its out of stock :(

also im torn between the Asus P6T & the Gigabyte EX58, i like the fact that the Asus has 2 extra ram slots, but the Gigabyte looks like it has better Pci-e options. but i cant really see me needing more than 8GB of Ram.
Nige drop me a PM when your about to spend your money and I'll see what I can put together for you. Things change so quickly on PC websites with items going up/down in price and things going out of stock. :good:

Nige drop me a PM when your about to spend your money and I'll see what I can put together for you. Things change so quickly on PC websites with items going up/down in price and things going out of stock. :good:

ok Dan.

i was just fantasy shopping at ebuyer and they seemed a bit cheaper than novatech. expect a pm come tues/weds next week, sold a bit more off roading gear so budget is now around £800 :good:

I honestly wouldn't worry about processor warranty, in my years (7) of building and fixing PC's for people (I have spent over £20k at Novatech building PC's for friends and work colleagues, some sick rigs included! and a nice little earner) I have never known a processor to die, always the motherboard, ram or PSU. I am sure almost every one on this forum has had the same experience?

D0 is the newest revision for the i7's, just like th G0 for the Q6600. It should in theory overclock better at a lower voltage, its like a intel manufacturing tweak.

I have used other websites like ebuyer, scan and dabs but in general use Novatech because they are local and whenever I get a faulty component they just swap it without any questions.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%