"Yes" or "No" on seat/pedal sliders for P1-X

I just ordered my P1-X (so I can still cancel and modify the order if needed). I decided not to get the seat slider and pedal slider. I have a good friend who comes over and races a lot, and we are the same height. Besides that guy, in the 2 years I've been sim racing, I've only had two other people hop in my rig, so I don't anticipate needing adjustments often.

How hard is it to move the seat and pedals on a P1-X rig? If once or twice a year I had someone come to play it for an evening, would it be easy enough to move?

*** Edited to add: The P1-X will be mounted on some sort of full-chassis motion system, PROSIMU, maybe D-Box, if that makes a difference. ***

Last edited:
Absolutely get seat slider. Pedals I'm not so sure.

If you swap wheels you might just need a slight seat adjustment and that is where the seat slider comes in.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Seat yes, pedals not so sure you really need it, it might not be as solid as just bolting them down, but if you have different people using rig, guess there is no choice.

Upvote 0
I would rather slide my pedals. I had a slider on my seat and it was so much less stiffly mounted that I felt a lot more detail in my chair from my motion rig (dbox/sfx style 3dof) when I took it off. Especially with belt tensioning. The seat being such a long lever arm flexed a lot.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

The sliders are standard, the pedal plate to install on slider is sim-lab custom.

Upvote 0
I had purchased both pedal and seat sliders for my P1-X.
Seat slider is installed, ditched the pedal slider.
Why? Because it wasn't working as intended with the additional pedal plate from Simlab.
But maybe I was just too stupid and gave up eventually... :roflmao:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I got Sparco seat slider with my order from Sim-lab. I don't think you can find anything better for the price they are selling them, but if you want to step up, there should be better but more expensive options.

Upvote 0
My problem was due to the width of the Sparco bucket seat - couldn't get the bar to bend wide enough to fit properly. Think brackets like the ones on the Sparco branded rig are exactly what's needed, but can't find them for sale.

1595612052245.png

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I had the very same problem, had to reuse wider bar from RSeat RS-1, but I have Corbeau FX1 Wide, so it's a big seat.

Upvote 0
Do not think Sparco will sell b/c they are made specifically for sim racing and not automotive use. Too much liability if sold stand-alone. You could try calling them to purchase a "replacement" pair for ones you accidentally bent.

I did find these though which may work: https://frsport.com/planted-technol...amx-5miata-nbchassis-1998-2005-low-driver-for

1595640205039.png

This Bracket will also work b/c it uses a wire to connect the rails vs a rod which can't be bent to the correct width: https://www.ricmotech.com/Universla_Seat_Slider_Brackets_p/ltr-uniseatsl.htm

1595640895753.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back