F1 2012 Y does my car keep getting destroyed mid cornering

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there I'm playing on the ps3 and when I try to put some fast laps in using drs kers etc I brake into corner fine,then turn in fine but mid corner the back end steps out then it goes straight into slow mo with the you have destroyed your car message but I haven't even left the track let alone hit anything. Has anyone else experienced this :(

Perhaps this is something to do with the 'blown engine' issue, especially if you have changed down through the gears rapidly, with insufficient wheel braking, but mostly using engine braking.

Some of the issues surrounding this topic were addressed in the one of the PC patches. So if it is associated with this issue, then it will probably be addressed in the forthcoming console patches.

If it's nothing to do with gear changing and engine braking ...... then I haven't a clue what's going on. :)

Ah that makes sense it only happens in the high speed corners where it's a dab on the brakes and throw the car in like the chicane in aus and the double right in Malaysia,
Thanks for that hope the patch is soon :)

There is a need to ensure that you brake first, before you drop down gears. In last year's game you could get away with murder on the the gear change, not in this year's game.

You may have to change your driving style a bit. When the game was first released, I blew around 7 engines during FP and Quali @ Albert Park. It would appear that my driving stye was to just drop a gear fractionally before the brake was applied ..... then bang!

I have not blown an engine since, probably because I have tried to consciously change the way I drive, and perhaps they have made the car slightly more forgiving during this series of patches.

The 'blown engine' threads over at the CM forums, seem to have gone quiet ..... :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back