RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Kieran you must stop saying sorry for taps that people don't even feel :pound:

lol couldn't help it matey was like a drunk driver that stole a mini couldnt stop nudging folk was wild.(sorry to all i nudged!!) yeh ino i need this :poke:
[/quote]

I think you said sorry to me 3 times... I never noticed any touches :D When I looked behind you were close but nothing to worry about :D

You should get :poke: just for saying sorry for the sake of saying sorry :nod:

Big thanks to Andrew and RD :D

• Matt Crouch

Race 1 - Muchos amusing. First time I've tried Thermalito and I think I only got 1 full practice lap in as my computer crashed on my first outlap. good track though, tight and bumpy but not toooo dangerous...
Had a good race with Gary although it was inevitable he would get past me, (and ultimately end up behind again... :wink2:) Managed to get a quck flip flop in on the downhill bend beforehand though :D. Then around lap 10 I noticed my cursor was moving slightly and as I moved my mouse I accidentally minimized the game. Luckily my Ninja skills :th_o: kept me on the track although it allowed Kennett to catch up to me. Gary caught up again and I managed another switchback but again he got ahead. Good race with both Gary and Kennet though and also David at the end

Race 2 - Not sure what happened in Quali. Was on a decent lap and saw Carlos's car at the last 'hairpin' bit jumping back and forwards. I thought maybe it was a lag out so I hoped for the best (i.e. no collisions) and went for it... but it turned out he really was there. took a small chunk off my time and had damage, so finished my lap and did another outlap. managed to hit a wall on the outlap and get suspension damage anyway, but still got a better time than the previous lap just because of the final sector :heh:. Race was good and I was just catching up to Evans, where it was getting interesting. Then I got disconnected :(.

Race 3 - Ledenon is a monster :monster:. First apologies to Alex for lap 1, thought I'd left more space than I did until I checked the replay. I think I technically had the line there but I would really have left more space if I'd realised! Other than that a very good race with Dan, Laurance, Nigel and Paulo. Felt pretty close but a few small mistakes let most of the above past one by one :oops:

Thankos for Eventage :thumb:

Huuuge fun all night! I generally find my races very lonely, either through leading or being way off the leader but tonight it was non-stop all the way through! Already done my race reports for Race 1 + 2.

Ledenon was brilliant, I've always been fairly fast round there, got pole with a 37.7 which compared favourably with last time out's pole of 37.6 by Lee Holmes, considering the praccy time difference.

Didn't get a great start, lights went out very quick! Tried holding it tround the outside in T1 but settled into 3rd. Then the battle of all battles. Me and Gary glued together for 13 laps, swapping positions several times, paintwork exchanged too. I must have amused him with some of my lairy sideway antics through T1 :D. He eventually got past and I missed a downshift while trying to retake the place plus made a slight error out of the last turn later that lap and that was that, I had to settle for third.

Grats to Dan and Gary for the wins and top quality event thanks to RD and especially Andrew :)

Stats of the Event :glasses-cool:

klick-->Race 1

klick-->Race 2

klick-->Race 3

Report:

Race 1:
Pole for me :glasses-cool: and a good start. But than Ryan stole my P1 :dazed: lol I was not closing the room :sarcastic: . Then pushing all the race on his tail. Hoped he does this 1 mistake :pray3: and a few laps left he did it into T1 alowing me to pass :fwd: P1 :glasses-cool:

Race 2:
Monaco is cool but had a bit problems finding the maximum speed. Gary was unstoppable with an incredible speed :glasses-cool:. P2 in qualy and then in race I had to defend my P2 very hard against Ryan, who was a bit faster, but Monaco LOL no way to overtake :giggle:. Very hard battle with contact, but I think was all fair racing. Ryan was a few times on my side but I had the inside line :glasses-cool: shame that he get a disconnet
My poor Mini LOL all damaged but P2 in the end :giggle: No way to get Garys pace :glasses-cool:

Race 3:
P2 in qualy and with a good start I took P1 into T1 :glasses-cool:. Then Ryan and Gary all the time close behind me batteling(Saw it in mirror funny :glasses-cool: :glasses-cool:). Pushed and Pushed but not more than 3sec I was able to get advance. The last laps then Gary was pushing hard on P2 and cought up to 1sec :sarcastic: but it was enouth in the end :pray3: P1 :glasses-cool:

Much fun tonight :glasses-cool: Pleasure to race with you guys :glasses-cool:

• Andrew Evans

now then; what a difference a week and a format change makes!... and for the 2nd time this week, i had a really great event (by my standardos)...

thermalito: some lovely racing all race within a little gaggle that included laurance, max and marty... coupla small mistakes and a faceplant into a backmarker meant i came in at the end of the group... 9th...

monaco: so hornyyyyyy! that stats lie! i came home 6th here... hunted wabbits (bob) all race long and shagged my tyres... last 3 laps or so he just drove away after relative closeness for most of the race... passed lewis out of fuel at the exit of the swimming pool on't last lap to finish 6th... taaasty! shame crouchers pc chickened out just as he was looking dangerous...

ledenon: so many nasty corners... but still a great track... worst performance of the night here, with a few mistakes, and ben being the ever-present object in my mirrors for most of it... came in 12th...

managed to qually in or around 10th in the first two... and was on for the same at ledenon when i ballsed the last corner... mebbe tis a fluke, but feels like i finally found a little step in skills that i've been searching for, for so long! we'll see....

haveta say, i solidly prefer this format over the enduro... it's just non-stop action all night long... :woot2: tbh, i'd rather run the majority of friday minis in this style with an enduro every couple of weeks... how would y'all feel about that? obv, we can't endlessly rewind, cause we'll run out of tracks :D so i'll just haveta come up with a different name, if we went down that route... make yer voices heard on ze matter!

also, this week we were back to one server - am guessing a lot of people are saving themselves for league action over the weekend... but, even though the split server thing provides more people at your level... i'm still more in favour of one packed room... :shrug:

cheers to all who came out to play - hello there i'm clunes....

Race 1: Started 5th, had a good start that put me in 3rd for a few laps. Max-Yvan Liegrace was a trouble maker trying everything to pass me, but I got this Defending thing to a tee now :loser: :becky:

Also had a cracking race with Paulo Ribeiro, he was persistent at every corner, he adventually got the better of me, but I wasn't having any of it, then with me jumping up and down in my chair down the straight, I made the move. Got him on the inside of the last corner near the end of the race.

Thanks RD and Evanso for organizing!

:worship:

Thermalito:
Qualy: Went super, absolute new PB 1:35.7xy! Gave me 3rd, which blew me away!
Race: I definitively need to do something about my start, at T1 I was down to 5 and just lucky that it was not 6! Gave Max a little bump in T1,sorry for that, hope did nut hurt to much! Had some good racing with Bob and Max, finihed 5th, one of my better RD results! Would not have counted Thermalito to one of my favorit tracks!

@Andrew: I, by accident, ran yesterday a couple of laps on the long Thermalito version, also not bad!

Monaco:
Qualy: Did not have much pracice here. My first lap below 2:00 was actually inofficial practice (1:58.823), during Qualy I finished exactly one lap, which was something like 10s before end of Qualy.
Race: Started 10th, better than expected, but again a bad start. Good as long as it lasted, had a quick but good battle with Andrew and Matt, but my race ended end of lap 4, got a puncture just in front of of the pit stop entry but something went wrong during pit stop, they did not repair it, pressed ESC.

Ledenon:
Qualy: Went not to bad, got a 1:39.572 was faster before, but anyway P5, which is very good for me!
Race: Lost at the start 2 pos to Lewis and Bob. Had a already a good battle with Bob in the beginning, in my lap 4, after my second attempt, I go that pos back, but Bob was from that moment on, less than a second in my neck, for the whole race. Lewis 4 sec in front, but Bob and I were catching but, when we came close I was really afrait, that I would loose my position to Bob while trying to overtake Lewis, which I managed in the last lap! Great racing, very intense! Finished 4th!

Great race night! Thanks all!

haveta say, i solidly prefer this format over the enduro... it's just non-stop action all night long... :woot2: tbh, i'd rather run the majority of friday minis in this style with an enduro every couple of weeks... how would y'all feel about that? obv, we can't endlessly rewind, cause we'll run out of tracks :D so i'll just haveta come up with a different name, if we went down that route... make yer voices heard on ze matter!

I like the format, but usually I need my time to learn new tracks! I would not be able to learn 3 new tracks per week, but that's ok, would just concentrate on 1 or 2 :D

• Andrew Evans

@Andrew: I, by accident, ran yesterday a couple of laps on the long Thermalito version, also not bad!

great minds, dude!

i've not run the long version since i initially picked out the west circuit for the first enduro... but running it again tonight reminded what a lovely wee track this is... so don't be surprised to see the long version crop up on an event in the not too distant future! :wink:

Weirdest race ever. Half way through race, the car in front lagged and disappeared, then came back about a lap and a half a lap later. Then next lap, disappeared again, and I continued racing but saw no other cars, and kept getting blue flag warnings. I finished the race, was recorded as 4th, but had weird timings in the summary screen. At the start of race 2, no other cars were on the grid but race was indicating a start.
I left at that point. assuming I had been disconnected at some point, but it kept letting me race.

very strange indeed.
Oh well, hope I didn't affect anyones races, no idea what was going on.
If I hit anyone, or got in the way, very sorry, but I would have been unaware.

Very disappointing. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years