XPACKS

Not sure where to start here. I been racing online for ten years. So I know what I like and don't like when I't comes to tracks.

What I think I would like to do is make some xpacks for people who what to make tracks.

Once I get decent or have a basic understanding I will move inot making tracks.

If this is a decent way to start or not please tell me. I feel this would be something fun for me to do instead of playing games at night and also will be a neat little history project because I will pick real places for my track and include a history of the area in the read me's.

I have some ideas in my head of tracks I would like to see made for specific historical series. Rather then sit on my butt i thought i would try to learn something and make a track or at very least help someone else make a track. I am artistic.

Now... can someone tell me what tools i will need to make .....

xpacks

what software do i need to make the xpack items? buildings trees and so on?

is any of the software for making the items that go into the xpacks free?

please point me into right direction.

thanks very much. if there is any teams looking for another set of hands also give me a shout.

thanks!

something like this work? http://www.blender.org/

I wouldn't agree. Since you have more than 1200 post's I still belive that you can help this poor guy with some decent how to. Not much, just a few pages of how to and some pictures and usefull links.

Or at least you can enlist or your "friends" email's here who are willing to help him with answers.

Just a thought :love2:

well since i dont have a clue wit xpacks /i downloaded the demo around 6pm tonight. I been messing with it ever since lol.

its 2:30 am now hahaha.

building tracks is pretty fun. I already have the base laid out for one of the most amazing circuits in the us. One that is rarly talked about and not in any games. Of course its extremely rough. LOL.

No pits, just a track. I and 22 ai ran around it in a horrible fashion .. i had to becareful because I ran off the track into a black hole several times. lol.

I used to work with php and some code so im not afraid to screw it all up.

I thnk the biggest job will be for me to create buildings and map AI.

The buildings I need to make need to be extremely correct to the time and place. Willing to put alot of time into this just not sure if I can afford the price of the software although its worth every penny no doubt.

In the past i made a few unreleased mods for n2003. But never could figure out how to work the sandbox, or just didnt have time too.

Anyway thanks I be back on here tomorrow. I want to build something decent before my 2 weeks is up :).

i saw earlier someone made this, http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-2-tracks/62/thompson-raceway-1962-1255/ that was on my list of ideas.

Glad to see you are willing to have a go.
I use 3ds Max for the 3d stuff & Photoshop for the texture work.
(Both of which you can get free 30 day demos)

Pretty much any 3d program will do as long as they export to .3ds or .dae
Truespace by calagari is free & very powerful but I found it confusing.

A very good free Photoshop substitute is Paint.net

Good Luck

Post here if you need help.

Cheers

for what sort of texture.

in gimp seamless texture are easy.just import picture and goto filter and selected map/seamless. for grass and that. gardrails/roads you can do quite easy using ennis fargis tutorial in downloads section.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%