I'm actually really glad an arcade racer gets shared every so often, wouldn't have known about it otherwise. And I'm having lots of fun with the open beta, been exploring what the different options on the car do for the past couple hours now, absolutely loving it! :D
Came back to check if the game will be available for the Switch, safe to say these guys are getting my money :inlove:

Reactions: BP
I'm actually really glad an arcade racer gets shared every so often, wouldn't have known about it otherwise. And I'm having lots of fun with the open beta, been exploring what the different options on the car do for the past couple hours now, absolutely loving it! :D
Came back to check if the game will be available for the Switch, safe to say these guys are getting my money :inlove:

Just tried it...it's not bad at all, but the physics are trash ;)

Actually it was decent fun overall for a beta...I just wish the car would drift a little harder. I think they need to work on the voice acting...besides not liking that typical 'over-excited yet somehow bland' delivery, I don't like hearing pauses when they announce a variable, it's sooo last decade :roflmao:.

For example: "Get ready to race in......Miami!" :confused:

Just tried it...it's not bad at all, but the physics are trash ;)

Actually it was decent fun overall for a beta...I just wish the car would drift a little harder. I think they need to work on the voice acting...besides not liking that typical 'over-excited yet somehow bland' delivery, I don't like hearing pauses when they announce a variable, it's sooo last decade :roflmao:.

For example: "Get ready to race in......Miami!" :confused:

Agreed, physics tend to have a mind of their own at times and voice acting could definitely use some work :roflmao:
Most triggered by the race start countdown "3, 2, 1...*pause*..let's go!" WHY CAN'T HE JUST SAY "GO" AND ON TIME?! Silly complaint, I know :whistling:

It’s fine to cover the occasional arcade racer I think, as long as the focus is always clearly on racing sims (and it absolutely is). Too much coverage of Mario Kart and I’ll probably go elsewhere for my infotainment however

Does it have wheel support or controller only ?

Ahh, nevermind, found answer on Steam:
Does the game support steering wheels?
Yes, we support a few Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels.

if you want to read more sim articles then I recommend BSIMRACING.COM, former home of WSGT mod team (RMT), where Wim does an excellent job :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: BP
I tried one race offline and it seems funny, I appreciate the fact that the car has a life bar.
Just one thing, I'm on a 1280x1024 screen and I have this happening, it's bigger that the resolution I chose (fiy I'm not playing on a keyboard, it's just switch to the kb when I press F12 to make the screen :D )

Attachments

• 20190228151856_1.jpg
    20190228151856_1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 396
  • 20190228152001_1.jpg
    20190228152001_1.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 390
I installed the game. This game is made with Unreal Engine 4, I think.. Worked just fine on my AMD FX-6300 processor on all graphics options maxed out. Graphics are nice. I did a couple of races on medium hardness and the AI cars were just too hard to beat, because the car control is kind of weird. You have to go really fast and use boosts to keep up with the AI drivers but then I couldn't get the car drifting in tight corners and lost all momentum, so that's kind of a bummer..

Really tempted to get it, especially since there’s a 50% off sale on steam right now.

Go for it!
You have nothing to lose if you decide to refund it using the Steam Refund within under 2hrs of gameplay.
Betch'a don't though...it's addictive and works great with a wheel setup, and even supports an analog handbrake!

For those who own motion simulators, it works great using the joystick emulation plugin in SimTools, or the similar plugin on the Next Level Racing v3 Platform (I've tested both).
Hold onto your butts!!!!

Guess what? Without arcade games none of us would probably have sims. Most, not all, are introduced to racing by a simple arcade game. I was born in 1964 so this is what I cut my teeth on at home when I wasn't in an arcade:
Intellivision's
maxresdefault.jpg

and Atari's awesome
night_driver.png

I love my sims, but we need to have those games around that are just plain fun. That's why I loved Test Drive Unlimited. No drama, just chill time.
Test_drive_unlimited_screenshot1.jpg

Does it have wheel support or controller only ?

Ahh, nevermind, found answer on Steam:
Does the game support steering wheels?
Yes, we support a few Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels.
Erm...yeah, not sure what's included in ' a few Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels' but, my t500rs, definitely isn't one of them, the car went backwards, the pedals didn't work, and the wheels didn't turn, :roflmao: - uninstalled, never to be tried again.

• Deleted member 151827

Cars don't turn unless you drift.

Guess what? Without arcade games none of us would probably have sims. Most, not all, are introduced to racing by a simple arcade game. I was born in 1964 so this is what I cut my teeth on at home when I wasn't in an arcade:
Intellivision's
maxresdefault.jpg
OMG!! I had this game as a kid. it was a hand me down from my uncle. Wow this brings back memories. The controller with the number pad and circle pad..:roflmao: This system started my gaming addiction. Had this and pitfall space armada and some baseball game where i had to plug in a keyboard.

OMG!! I had this game as a kid. it was a hand me down from my uncle. Wow this brings back memories. The controller with the number pad and circle pad..:roflmao: This system started my gaming addiction. Had this and pitfall space armada and some baseball game where i had to plug in a keyboard.
Thanks for sharing with me. Many, many great memories. We had a blast with that system.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%