As a open beta tester for this they are trying to go for the ridge racer feeling which in terms of driving I think they did quite well. Biggest issue however is some of the tracks has quite sharp corners which isnt what you want in a ridge racer style racer, it lacks that smooth transition in the circuits sadly. I've not however tried all of the content so hopefully thats just a one off issue as it can be quite fun if you are looking for a ridge racer itch to scratch.

After checking the video I thought - Oh this is looking pretty fancy. This could be my first arcade game.
But then I saw its only for consoles.:poop:
Doh.:thumbsdown:
OK Back to Raceroom:p

Ok I can almost figure out from your comment that even console games can be run on a PC if they are "Steamed".
Am I right?
Because honestly I didnt know that.:sleep:
Thank you.
Probably allways possible to learn something new:whistling:

Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Steam.....the PC gaming platform, the one you play Raceroom on ;)

someone at RD is a friend of a friend of a dev from SOEDESCO

I can already see RD in a couple of years where the forum sections are all about arcade racers and mobile games and a small subsection is reserved for sims.

someone at RD is a friend of a friend of a dev from SOEDESCO

I can already see RD in a couple of years where the forum sections are all about arcade racers and mobile games and a small subsection is reserved for sims.
You really are a glass half full kind of guy, what's the problem with covering different types of racing games, sims have always been and always will be the main focus of RD. How many times have I read of now dedicated simmers who were drawn in by the variety of games they encountered here.
It's called Race Department not Sim Department and there's nothing wrong with people enjoying whatever type of game they wish

The more racing games the better I say, we play most of them in our hose with varying age ranges. I look at it this way just one innovation can add so much more fun to racing games. It was the often hit and miss Need for Speed series that brought us Auto Log and Rival battles with leaderboard notifications and challenges. I'm sure I'm not alone in having had hours of fun chasing down friends times in the many games that adopted the idea since. In my opinion it's the hotlap. superpole and short/long hotstints that already make ACC more fun to play than AC. AC was a great innovator too with 'track day' mode for online, since 'adopted' by Forza 7 too - great way to have a virtual meet up with friends away from competition.

I have no idea what this game will bring as yet but you just never know there might be the next big idea in there somewhere. I'll be keeping a look out for the previews and reviews for this game.

I dont know if there would be a niche for this but something I have allways wanted is a racing game with at least reasonable car behavoring and then a lot of city tracks.
Hehe no reason to laserscan anything here but with some uptodate graphics too ofcourse.;)
My overall referance is the Paris city track for NR2003 (pic).
The flow in this recreation of some of the tourist known part of Paris is close to being there in RL:laugh:
Even with NR2003s outdated graphics:notworthy:
Another fun (small)city track is the fictional(?) 3_Forty_9_Townie for the same sim.

If a game producer invented a game with such kind of oncomming city adons (and as said reasonable TM) then I think a lot of serious simmers with an urge of something more than "the normal day at the sim office" would open their wallet.
Did you hear me devs?:D

Attachments

• parisMap_Vaillant.jpg
    parisMap_Vaillant.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 213
You provide news about such games, but no news about real life WRC. This is weird, I had a feeling that this site is more dedicated to sim racing and real racing.

Hi everyone!

Starting today EVERYONE can drift in the Xenon Racer open beta! It's going live in about three hours, so this means that everyone who's interested can join and download the beta via the Steam store page of Xenon Racer.

This open beta will run from February 27th 9:00am PST until March 6th 9:00am PST and will contain 4 tracks (of the 40 in total) and 2 cars (of the 18 in total).

52755167_971010183098580_4656112043445714944_o.jpg

Tracks:
  • Tokyo Garden
  • Tokyo Garden Reverse
  • Lake Louise Forest
  • Lake Louise Forest Reverse
Cars:
  • Nebula R -GT-
  • Nebula R -GT- Performance
  • Nasuxu WPL 01
  • Nasuxu WPL 01 Performance

Let us know your feedbacks guys!

Xenon Racer Open Beta.jpg
Xenon Racer has entered open beta status, available from February 27th until March 6th at 18:00 CET.

Available via the Steam network, the open beta for the exciting looking futuristic arcade game Xenon Racer is available for the next week to any player who ventures over to the Xenon Racer open beta page on Steam HERE.

The Beta version includes both Fast Race and Online Multiplayer modes across the 'Tokyo Garden" and "Lake Louse Forest" circuit. Both tracks will be available in the standard configuration as well as reverse layout, and can be raced using either of the two available car models set to be deployed to the beta release.

As well as playable content, gamers who access the beta week will also have the opportunity to enter the leaderboards and photo mode contest, with the chance for ten of those players to win a free copy of the game once it is released on March 26th. Players who record fastest leaderboard times on each of the four configurations of circuit and six of the "best" pictures taken in the game photo mode will win the free copies of Xenon Racer.

Xenon Racer Features
  • Race at top speeds in electric vehicles boosted by Xenon gas
  • Drift through the streets of major cities like Tokyo and Dubai in the year 2030
  • Triumph in singleplayer, split-screen & online multiplayer championships
  • Master your drifting skills, it’s essential to get the best times on the leaderboards
  • Customize your car with tons of parts to create the ultimate racing vehicle

Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Check out the Xenon Racer forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and community engagement for this exciting new racing title.

Like what we do at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

​

OK there's a simple solution to this constant issue of messages like, but not limited to: "why are you posting arcade crap on RD" or "This is sim-cade at best; hard pass.": Read the banner. This is RACEdepartment, not SIM-RACEdepartment.

Find a news site that has "Sim" in the title if you only want sim-racing news. As for the rest of us, we're just fine right here...keep the non-elitist news coming @Paul Jeffrey , some of us actually appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Has anyone managed to play this with a wheel?

Gave it a quick spin but couldn't get my wheel (G27) to work. It's recognized but steering and throttle inputs do nothing and tapping the brake puts the car in infinite reverse. Infinite as in up to the point the car explodes from damage.

Just wondering if there's any way to calibrate the wheel. Couldn't find anything on Steam as the beta forum link just takes me back to the Steam front page.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%