Thanks for the answer! Now I haven't played much (only a few hours), but when I was playing on a controller (Xbox 1 controller) I thought the car turning was a bit too slow to my liking - normal turning felt okay for the most part, but drift felt a bit underwhelming (hard to actually describe, but I just think drift didn't turn my car fast enough, if that makes some sense). It could be just me, though - with that handling I had a lot of problems in that Tokyo track, especially in the "Sector 1" with a few sharp right turns - I just couldn't turn my car fast enough without losing a lot of speed (or hitting a wall hard), tried both drifting and taking the turn normally - maybe I just needed to balance out the handling more...
There were a few other things I had in mind (one crash, some other observations and thoughts) which I already sent in the Feedback form.
Thanks for taking your time :)
Ah okay! It's great that you filled in the feedback form, so your feedback was recorded. Different cars have different handling, though. Some of them will drift a bit easier, but in their turn will have slower acceleration etc. You can customize each car to your liking with parts, so it might just've been that you didn't find your preferred car yet ;)

Hi everyone! We just released a city showcase video, where we show some footage of Miami and Tokyo.

The video first displays the "Miami Seaside" track in Miami, Florida. Here you can drift along the shores, enjoying the spectacular ocean view. The second city highlighted is Tokyo, Japan. There's a total of six tracks in Tokyo, called "Tokyo Downtown", "Tokyo Garden", "Tokyo Highway", "Tokyo EXPO", "Tokyo Port" and "Tokyo Skyscrapers".

So, what do you think? Let me know!

-Marten

Welcome to the forums chap, not my sort of game but that's just me. Same goes for anything remotely futuristic I just cannot get excited.
All the best for your venture, I think if VR/cockpit view was implemented it would add that extra element of immersion, that and the introduction of tracks that resemble a rollercoaster experience would be pretty cool.
But as a pitch to a diehard SIM racer, in the words of Duncan Banatyne, I'm ooout!

Mildly intrigued as a game to play with the kids, game play looks like Ridge Racer games to me. If it gets decent reviews then we'll probably buy it at launch, if it doesn't pull in solid 7/10 reviews I'll look to pick it up later or see if it is added to Game Pass. Games like Gravel (ok for a play through then trade in) dropped in price pretty quickly and Grip was on Xbox Game Pass before I had chance to buy it.

I just did a quick search on prices and it's a bit strange, it seems to be full price on console £43-45 in shops and yet £35.99 on Xbox Store (which is good for once because we use Gold sharing). No price on Steam as yet.

This is a straight-up advertisment ?

This forum is supposed to be a support and community forum ?

I have paid for premium membership to not receive ads ?

I have asked this questions to the mods of this website in silence but got no reply, but i feel this should be made clear. Thank you in advance and peace !

I have asked this questions to the mods of this website in silence but got no reply, but i feel this should be made clear. Thank you in advance and peace !
It's no different from any other new racing title that gets publicised on RD, you don't need to read the thread.
Apologies the no reply was my fault as I hadn't ticked the correct box when I dealt with your report.

Like the rest of the internet everything here needs to be read with critical thinking skills on - who is writing this, what is their connection to the people who stand to gain, what counter balancing evidence or argument is given etc.

Clearly this article was written by someone directly connected to the game and as preorder build up. I don't remember too many news articles written by those connected with a game but maybe I've missed them in the past. At least in this article the community manager makes his role and connection clear, that I appreciate.

What troubles me most with RD is the forum members who post pretending to be a.n.other player when they are actually paid by one developer or another and have vested interest - it becomes easier to spot them after a while, usually the first positive comment on a certain game and overly negative against some other title or platform. I have asked and RD's rules do not prohibit this, as a result I take nothing here at face value. I'm not particularly singling out RD, it is seemingly the way of the interweb at this stage.

From what I've seen RD is an echo chamber for overly positive messages about AC and Kunos and many of their staff lurk here undeclared, look out if you dare to question them, to a lesser extent the same is true of RF2. They are not alone, each game has it's usual suspects. Some of the staff are also caught in either overt or more likely unconscious bias toward and against certain titles.

This article is in that style of 'friendly marketing' - and for my part I believe they probably do actually want and value our feedback. Like many of the news articles on RD they alert me to something I was only mildly aware of or not aware of at all (I had only seen one ad for this game on Xbox before today). Will I buy the game based on this article - no absolutely not. I might once I see a range of independent reviews from a number of proven sources.

I read through it because i find this game interesting for me and my friends, whom are always keen to race in my rig, just to see them disappointed after, because they expected it to drive like Mario Kart. ;)

So a modern game that features multiplayer-racing via LAN or Split-screen even, in the tradition of arcade-racers is something i´d look forward to.

So far the initial post is not carrying any information apart from a trailer and a release date, so feedback is not going into the development of this software and its hard to implement features like VR or cross-platform as proposed in this thread after release. Ask the coder, not the community manager (keyword transparency). There is mentioning of a demo and a feedback-forum in a reply from an RD-user, yet those expected links are missed in the initial post.

Please excuse me for being critical, but then RD is probably the last bigger website for all kind of simrace related topics (except the developers forums which are mostly the breeding place for fanboys, rather than being informative and supporting) and i see other aspects of motorsport enthusiasm and arcade games grow and i am just truly afraid to loose this place.

Please excuse me for being critical, but then RD is probably the last bigger website for all kind of simrace related topics
RD carries arcade racing articles as well, many of our members enjoy these titles alongside the more serious ones.
and i see other aspects of motorsport enthusiasm and arcade games grow and i am just truly afraid to loose this place.
I would think that you're more likely to lose it by RD concentrating on our rather narrow niche hardcore Sims. I think the breadth we cover helps attract people to the site.
But I'm glad you care about RD.:)

MarkR Is that not kind of moving into tinfoil hat territory to suggest that company employees infiltrate the forums to subtly manipulate them, or maybe I'm being naive.
As to staff bias, it probably enthusiasm for a game that encourages them to get the red badge in the first place, but I think the vast bulk of us try hard to be impartial.
Although I do agree about using critical thinking.
Anyway it's early doors and I need :coffee: to kick-start my brain.

MarkR Is that not kind of moving into tinfoil hat territory to suggest that company employees infiltrate the forums to subtly manipulate them, or maybe I'm being naive.
As to staff bias, it probably enthusiasm for a game that encourages them to get the red badge in the first place, but I think the vast bulk of us try hard to be impartial.
Although I do agree about using critical thinking.

Sadly no, the manipulation isn't even that subtle. My opinion remains that, as with the author of this article, members (& staff) should have to state any paid affiliation, sponsorship or gain such as game testing with a developer (just as YouTube creators are required to state sponsorship), this lets us know the opinion is likely to be at a minimum unconsciously biased if not overtly so. As with Steam reviews it would also be good if members declared they received the product for free members as again the principle of reciprocity means the free product is likely to have swayed their opinion.

Fully agree where the staff are concerned, it was explained to me that they are enthusiasts and allowed to express their opinions freely, that's all good as long as we know that's the case. That 'staff' badge will always add a little touch of influence though so I'm glad you agree it's best for staff to be impartial where possible.

My opinion remains that, as with the author of this article, members (& staff) should have to state any paid affiliation, sponsorship or gain such as game testing with a developer (just as YouTube creators are required to state sponsorship), this lets us know the opinion is likely to be at a minimum unconsciously biased if not overtly so.
Wouldn't disagree with that although it's probably a stretch to get members to comply.:)

Wouldn't disagree with that although it's probably a stretch to get members to comply.:)

Fully accept that, I think it would be good if RD at least asked people to declare interest just as Steam do with games.

I was blind to this hidden influencing until I happened to let the credits roll on a racing game and noticed a number of names I recognised here and on other racing game websites scrolling up the screen.

I wouldn't expect RD to police such a system (pretty much impossible with usernames etc) but I think once an association is clear and obvious it ought to be declared.

Basically though we are back to where we started with the need for critical thinking. These days I just ask why is this person expressing this opinion, what else have they said here on RD, where else do they pop up on the web.

I was blind to this hidden influencing until I happened to let the credits roll on a racing game and noticed a number of names I recognised here and on other racing game websites scrolling up the screen.

What game was that? I know a collection of people appeared on Dirt Rally as Dirty Gossipers, but that's purely because of yapping so much on Codemasters forum !

Upcoming arcade title Xenon Racer has a new trailer - showcasing the Miami and Tokyo race circuits from the game.

If you ever spent any time wondering what the future of motorsport could look like, you are in good company. While some folks idly ponder that potential future situation, developers SOEDESCO have gone one better and made a full game out of those thoughts!

Set in a the year 2030, this high octane and visually stunning arcade racing title certainly looks like it has plenty of the right ingredients to make for a spectacular new game when it releases this March 26th - and to whet you appetite somewhat, check out the new trailer released very recently, and get your first taste of the Miami and Tokyo street circuits from within the game.

Xenon Racer.jpg

Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Check out the Xenon Racer forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and community engagement for this exciting new racing title.

Like what we do at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Will there also be the Hitman 2 Mission? :D
How cool would it be if this game would be a Sim :D The Cars looks awesome, reminds me a bit of the Concepts from G24 Studio.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 275 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%