• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Xenon Racer: New Tokyo & Miami Track Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Xenon Racer' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,046
    Upcoming arcade title Xenon Racer has a new trailer - showcasing the Miami and Tokyo race circuits from the game.

If you ever spent any time wondering what the future of motorsport could look like, you are in good company. While some folks idly ponder that potential future situation, developers SOEDESCO have gone one better and made a full game out of those thoughts!

Set in a the year 2030, this high octane and visually stunning arcade racing title certainly looks like it has plenty of the right ingredients to make for a spectacular new game when it releases this March 26th - and to whet you appetite somewhat, check out the new trailer released very recently, and get your first taste of the Miami and Tokyo street circuits from within the game.

Xenon Racer.jpg

Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Check out the Xenon Racer forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and community engagement for this exciting new racing title.

Like what we do at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT
    Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D

Ratings:
    +246
    So this is the new Ridge Racer?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Red[Noise_Bomb]

Red[Noise_Bomb]

Ratings:
    +2
    The game looks good though. It finally may be a good arcade racing game, but that's only dreams...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charmin

Charmin

Ratings:
    +106
    Will there also be the Hitman 2 Mission? :D
    How cool would it be if this game would be a Sim :D The Cars looks awesome, reminds me a bit of the Concepts from G24 Studio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    Are those tracks laser scanned? :p

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,383
    As a open beta tester for this they are trying to go for the ridge racer feeling which in terms of driving I think they did quite well. Biggest issue however is some of the tracks has quite sharp corners which isnt what you want in a ridge racer style racer, it lacks that smooth transition in the circuits sadly. I've not however tried all of the content so hopefully thats just a one off issue as it can be quite fun if you are looking for a ridge racer itch to scratch.

7. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +61
    After checking the video I thought - Oh this is looking pretty fancy. This could be my first arcade game.
    But then I saw its only for consoles.:poop:
    Doh.:thumbsdown:
    OK Back to Raceroom:p

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. LilSki

LilSki

Ratings:
    +3,871
    It says "and steam" above.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +61
    Ok I can almost figure out from your comment that even console games can be run on a PC if they are "Steamed".
    Am I right?
    Because honestly I didnt know that.:sleep:
    Thank you.
    Probably allways possible to learn something new:whistling:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,539
    Xenon Racer will be available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam this March 26th.

Steam.....the PC gaming platform, the one you play Raceroom on ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MeltFire

MeltFire

Ratings:
    +1
    I always in for futuristic racers! F-Zero, WipeOut, Extreme-G you name them. It great to see they slowly making a comeback!

12. vaipa

vaipa

Ratings:
    +8
    someone at RD is a friend of a friend of a dev from SOEDESCO

I can already see RD in a couple of years where the forum sections are all about arcade racers and mobile games and a small subsection is reserved for sims.

13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,149
    You really are a glass half full kind of guy, what's the problem with covering different types of racing games, sims have always been and always will be the main focus of RD. How many times have I read of now dedicated simmers who were drawn in by the variety of games they encountered here.
    It's called Race Department not Sim Department and there's nothing wrong with people enjoying whatever type of game they wish

14. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +476
    The more racing games the better I say, we play most of them in our hose with varying age ranges. I look at it this way just one innovation can add so much more fun to racing games. It was the often hit and miss Need for Speed series that brought us Auto Log and Rival battles with leaderboard notifications and challenges. I'm sure I'm not alone in having had hours of fun chasing down friends times in the many games that adopted the idea since. In my opinion it's the hotlap. superpole and short/long hotstints that already make ACC more fun to play than AC. AC was a great innovator too with 'track day' mode for online, since 'adopted' by Forza 7 too - great way to have a virtual meet up with friends away from competition.

I have no idea what this game will bring as yet but you just never know there might be the next big idea in there somewhere. I'll be keeping a look out for the previews and reviews for this game.

15. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +61
    I dont know if there would be a niche for this but something I have allways wanted is a racing game with at least reasonable car behavoring and then a lot of city tracks.
    Hehe no reason to laserscan anything here but with some uptodate graphics too ofcourse.;)
    My overall referance is the Paris city track for NR2003 (pic).
    The flow in this recreation of some of the tourist known part of Paris is close to being there in RL:laugh:
    Even with NR2003s outdated graphics:notworthy:
    Another fun (small)city track is the fictional(?) 3_Forty_9_Townie for the same sim.

If a game producer invented a game with such kind of oncomming city adons (and as said reasonable TM) then I think a lot of serious simmers with an urge of something more than "the normal day at the sim office" would open their wallet.
    Did you hear me devs?:D

Attached Files:

16. flykas

flykas

Ratings:
    +5
    You provide news about such games, but no news about real life WRC. This is weird, I had a feeling that this site is more dedicated to sim racing and real racing.

17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,149
    Well if you have some news why not write about it yourself and post in the motorsports section of the forums.

• Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.