Xenon Racer - New Showcase Trailers

Xenon Racer.jpg

Xenon Racer is set to feature a diverse mix of futuristic racing machines, and today we get a closer look at the what the designers have in mind for the game...

Based in a world where flying cars are the norm, the vehicles in Xenon Racer are a nod back to the more traditional road going equivalents, showcasing the last of the road griping technology in a final no holes barred racing event across a range of artistically impressive and richly detailed locations around the world.

To give you a taste of what's to come, check out these car reveal videos below:

Car Showcase One:
Car Showcase Two:
Car Showcase Three:

You can check out the rest of the videos, and a little track preview or two over on the SOEDESCO Xenon Racer YouTube Channel HERE.

Xenon Racer is due to release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC this March 26th.

Check out the official Xenon Racer sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and to engage with the developers of this exciting new arcade racing title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media !

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Reactions: Raffi_M
Liking the look of this. Reminds me of a game back in the day that didn't get too much love called Downforce on the PS2. Something along the lines of Formula 1 with no rules.

ZeroRisk

2000RPM
Premium
Looks like a more futuristic Ridge Racer.... could be pretty decent if it's executed well and supported etc.

Davebrave

50RPM
Games like this look like quite the opposite to a true racing simulator. However I think they serve as the entry point for many "young" people with their eye-catching graphics and models. For instance, I started with NFS 2 and 3 for PC then played Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2 and always enjoyed both despite being totally different products.

ZeroRisk

2000RPM
Premium
I used to love Wipeout on the PlayStation, Sega Rally and Daytona not only at the arcades but at home on the Saturn and Dreamcast too.
F355... the arcade for that was brutal. 6 speed gearbox with clutch iirc... almost a proper full on simulator minus the movement...
Then that led me to Colin McRae Rally, Toca, F1, PGR, Gran Turismo, Forza on consoles.
Then switched to PC for Race 07, GTR, rFactor 1, 2, Assetto Corsa, AMS and now ACC
The arcade games of yesteryear were truly stepping stones to where some of us are today.

Played the demo, I really did not like the game. The braking to initiate the drift is odd as the tolerance of braking is very little which you tend to brake instead than drifting. There is also the issue with stiff handling while turning. Sorry to say, the open beta isnt fun at all.

Pauli Ahonen

250RPM
Premium
I wish it was not a arcade game.
As a mod for a sim (rFactor 2) it would be interesting to race fast, fictional cars with proper physics.
Of course the tracks would need to be made also as real world tracks are not built for anything faster than F1.

Ohh I play this game so much because it's my favorite game, I like its graphics so much. I never fed up to play it. When I play this game, I forget that its just a game, it feels me that I drive my car physically, sometimes for playing games I feel pain in my back for this issue I especially customized an adjustable desk from Flexispot coupon at Reecoupons, now I can play this game without facing any issue.

Top Bottom