Resource icon

Misc XD junior 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
sikjar submitted a new resource:

XD junior - Dash with info about tyres, temps and more

This is basically a copy of the legendary XD dash tool for GTR2. For now it only works with metric units, if anybody needs it, I can try to make a version for imperial units.

It works with SimHub, and can be displayed in VR via the CrewChief plugin.

View attachment 505036

It's obvious what most of the numbers mean, here's an explantion for the ones that are not so obvious:
Wear Now: Current tyre wear.
Wear +10 laps: Estimated tyre wear 10 laps from now.
Wear...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent!
Great job looks great
A few comments.
The track (road) temperature is not correct.
Looks like you are using ambient temperature for the track temperature too?
Checked it in several sims and it is same fault.
SimhubR07.png

You are selling it a bit short as it works with all the gmotor2 games and likely a lot of others too.
It is not Crewchief.dll that is needed for Simhub but rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll

Or the emulated plugins that Yuca has made for the NoCd version of Gtr2 and Steam versions of Race 07 and GTL
As you can see on the above screen shot of Race 07.
Those 'plugins' you can find here:
http://race07.blog.fc2.com/

As you can see i converted it to overlay and made the background transparent.
Not a big thing as Simhub does that for you with a few clicks.

Not to nick pick but you do not need to enable Write Shared Memory="1"
Likely better not to do that as is does cost a few FPS.

As you pointed out Simhub sometimes are not recognizing that the sim are running.
You can freely change between Rfactor, AMS and GTR2 as Simhub looks for the shared memory Map : $rFactorShared$

Anyway great job, looks great and easy to use.

@sikjar,

Thanks for bringing this to GTR2 users :) Just wanted to let you know that upcoming plugin Beta will allow setting borderless mode in GTR2, which will make and GTR2 and SimHub work even better, so stay tuned!

Edit: and, beta 1.4.1.37 supporting borderless window is out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback, I have updated the instructions a little bit.

I tested the dash again, and it does indeed look like the air/road temperatures are wrong.
There doesn't seem to be any way to fix it though, the values I get in Simhub are not right, so for now we just have to ignore those two values. Or you can simply delete them by editing the dash in Simhub Dash Studio.

So, I'm confused by this. It's supposed to be XD via SimHub but the only thing I see is a a black overlay that doesn't look or feel like the multiple UI elements XD had.

Are those available? How do I get it working like original XD?

So, I'm confused by this. It's supposed to be XD via SimHub but the only thing I see is a a black overlay that doesn't look or feel like the multiple UI elements XD had.

Are those available? How do I get it working like original XD?
Yeah, it doesn't have multiple UI elements. It shows in one page all the information I have been able to extract using Simhub, and I tried to arrange it a bit like XD, but it is very different from XD. I think Simhub actually does allow you to make multiple pages with UI elements for a single Dash, but so far I haven't figured out how its done. Here's a tutorial on how ito edit a dash in SimHub: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5QT34daNj2BPI0Rsjdg3WpJXgK8_UPrP
The dash you can download here has a black background, whereas the transparent one you see above has been edited by the user in SimHub.

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't have multiple UI elements. It shows in one page all the information I have been able to extract using Simhub, and I tried to arrange it a bit like XD, but it is very different from XD. I think Simhub actually does allow you to make multiple pages with UI elements for a single Dash, but so far I haven't figured out how its done. Here's a tutorial on how ito edit a dash in SimHub: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5QT34daNj2BPI0Rsjdg3WpJXgK8_UPrP
The dash you can download here has a black background, whereas the transparent one you see above has been edited by the user in SimHub.
@TheIronWolf guilt tripped me into learning SimHub after I complained one too many times about XD no longer working lol so I banged out a leaderboard and a bonus radar (I just styled their widget)...and now I have a tyre overlay and a status overlay, as well. That's everything I wanted from XD! :D

I'm not sure how to publish these things so I'll just link them here for now (it's a zip file of overlay exports): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqWsLwV2vzN8haI-zizfQ6mT3AK9_A?e=LyhVwB

I'm also not quite sure if you should be publishing individual overlays or dashboards. Seems like I should be publishing a dashboard with all the overlays I make for GTR2 but it doesn't seem to allow that kind of flow.

I'm going to try to restyle your work to make it look more like XD. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
I'm making good progress making individual overlays from yours. Thank you.

I noticed Track temp seems to just be printing the ambient temperature. Is that a bug?

By the way, how do these text boxes get dynamic values and styling? Is that from the GTR2 plugin? I don't see anything backing them. Does it know how to populate them by the box name? Like "pd38" ?

I'm going to try to restyle your work to make it look more like XD. Hope you don't mind.
Sure, no problem, I am not planning on developing this any further at the moment, so feel free to publish any improved versions of this.

I noticed Track temp seems to just be printing the ambient temperature. Is that a bug?
Yes, its a bug in the SimHub interface with GTR2. Currently it shows the wrong Road temperature and air temperature.

how do these text boxes get dynamic values and styling?
If you select a box and press the (Fx) icon, it opens a window where you can define the values that control the text, color or other attributes of the box. You can even insert properties and use them as variables in a simplified Javascript.
1639217082593.png

Just wanted to share that Wotever is going to wire CC plugin data into SH as an option, so soon you will be able to drop rF1SMMP plugin if you want to (it was never a plan to run GTR2 in rF1 mode, so finally things are set right). Also, CC plugin exposes more data, such as flat spot data, dirt pickup, gearbox damage, more damage info and I forgot what else, and I'll keep exposing data as new stuff is added.

SimHub has huge and friendly Discord community, make sure to check it out.

BTW, not sure this is of help here, but SH allows access to raw data, the one not mapped to SH model. Maybe there you can extract the needed temperature? Otherwise, I might expose it via CC plugin once it is wired.

Last edited:
If you select a box and press the (Fx) icon, it opens a window where you can define the values that control the text, color or other attributes of the box. You can even insert properties and use them as variables in a simplified Javascript.
Thank you that's very helpful!

Looks great.
View attachment 524731
Information overload but more to compare the overlays and XD the same time in Race 07.
Well done to you both and Simhub!
Oh great idea to compare them. Thanks for doing that.

I just wanted to bang out everything before I got them exactly like XD 80/20 rule and all that so I implemented everything in the basic right positions and proportions but skipped the cool stuff like images and colour gradients and all that. SimHub can do all that so I'll might get there eventually.

The tyre overlay has some cool tyre colour gradients and wear indicators I'd like to implement later.

The leaderboard is the custom way I used XD as I was used to iRacing's 'relative leaderboard' or whatever they call it. You're always in the middle and can see everyone around you. That's what I wanted it for. It's fully customizable, though, and can do a real leaderboard if you deep dive into editing the overlays. I just took widgets that were already there and customized them.

The live track map was a nice-to-have since the widget was already available. It's a little glitchy since it has to build the track dynamically, though.

Any feedback is welcome, though. Already plan to sync up the XD colour gradients for hot/cold as now that I seem them side-by-side I like the XD colours more.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%