XD 2.1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
few posts earlier in this topic:
NEM33 said:
Yes you can toggle XD on and off whilst ingame, by default the key is the backslash key. However you can set this key to any key you wish to, by editing the XD.ini file, which is created the first time you run XD, and can be found in the same place you copied the d3d9.dll to.

Anyone able to edit "Motec XD overlay" by Yako?

Hy Racers!

I'm a big fan of the XD overlay which can be found here: http://www.vitumo.de/

I use it with GTR Evo since ages, but in races with changing weather conditions it's hard to judge the fine differences in wetness, because the overlay does only scale it in 4 levels, like described at the page:

"Added track-conditions (displays next to track-temperature)
Meanings:
(D): Dry
(H): Humid
(W): Wet
(AP): Aquaplaning"

I wonder if it's possible to edit the file this way it would show the wetness in percentage instead of those four letters!? I know about a weather generator, which handles the wetness in percentage and creates a weather.txt file which is used by the game then. So why shouldn't the XD mod read the percentages of wetness out of the game?

I asked the creator via the given mail adresse from his page, but he didn't reply.

It would be great for me to have this feature, because I drive in a F1 league here and races with changing conditions are hard to handle without knowing the on track wetness well.

Very much thx in advance for any reply!

Reik

(D): Dry 0% wet offcourse
(H): Humid is= 1 to 30%
(W): Wet = is 30 to 90%
(AP): Aquaplaning" = is more flooded

Under 30% wet slicks are still better above that wets get better.

But i recommend to use Motocadd if your are gonna do races with changing conditions.
With motocadd you see the wetness and it also gives a forecast.

XD by Yako: position the session info overlay

Hi all,
I'm using the XD version 2.1.5 by Yako due to it's simplicity. I'm trying to get the overlays configured for my 5760x1900 eyefinity setup. But I can't get the session info overlay to relocate from the left screen to the center screen. I'm thinking it might have something to do with scaling feature. Anyone else having similar experience?

I have placed the Motec display down in the nook between the driver mirror and the A pillar of Mini Cooper just by using trial and error with numbers in the X/Y values of the XD.ini file. That worked well.

But similar attempts to relocate the session info display so far have failed. The session info display seems to fill the entire width of the left hand 24 inch monitor.

I'll post more info tomorrow morning, screen shots and pixel location of the motec hud.

thx for your help Ivo!

Even though I hope someone can answer the editing question, because 30% to 90% is a big range of wetness and all I have as an info is the letter "W".

I like the XD overlay, because it doesn't require a second monitor.

Here's photo as promised...
https://picasaweb.google.com/110966526735925194769/Apr82011?feat=directlink

And XD.ini text ;

; MotecHud visibility
; 0 = Hidden
; 1 = Visible
ShowMotec=1

; Standings-table visibility
; 0 = Hidden
; 1 = Visible
ShowStandings=1

; SessionInfo visibility
; 0 = Hidden
; 1 = Visible
ShowSessionInfo=1

; MoTeC HUD postion:
; Default: X = auto, Y = auto
MotecPosX=2000
MotecPosY=875

; Standings HUD postion:
StandingsPosX=auto
StandingsPosY=auto

; Session-Info HUD postion:
SessionPosX=5000
SessionPosY=auto

The 5000 was an attempt to try and make the window move alot in case I was doing something wrong and only causing incremental moves.

I don't understand what these values control;

; MoTeC HUD Scale
; Note: Only the MoTeC-Display can manually be scaled.
; Everything else is scaled automatically according to your screen resolution
; If the MoTeC display is set to tab-mode, the other info is also scaled (Session-Info/Standings)
; Value given in percentage
; 100(%) Scale = 1024x768 = 1:1 = No Transformation
; 0 = Disable scaling
Scale=100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back