F1 2011 Xbox360 MS Wheel Settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there i am having a few problems with setting up my ms wheel i have played for hours now and still can not seem to find some thing i like i was wondering if anyone else is having trouble or what other people are doing i have listed my settings below any advice or help would be great full

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 0%
Throttle Deadzone: 5%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 2%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Force FeedBack

Environmental Effects: 50%
FeedBack Strength: 100%
Wheel Weight: 50%

Hey guys. Got 2011 today and I'm really struggling. Every time I go round a corner which can be taken flat out, Melbourne for example, I lose the back end. I know you should be able to go flat out round these corners as I have previously done so on 2010.

Is it the steering wheel? Or what? Has anybody else experienced the same issue?

I'm going to have a play with the settings shortly, so I'll update then...

Cheers.

Yeah i had the same problems. It seems you just have to be gentle on the throttle. I don't believe thats a problem with the wheel/ pedals. And of course you need to make some adjustments to the setup.

these are the settings im using for my madcats mc2, thanks to David o'Reilly for this setup
quoted from the private message he sent me

EDIT: tried on cousins offical wheel and seems fine. depends on the driver and how sensitive he likes the steering
David O'Reilly said:
Dead Zone 0%
Saturation 55%
Linearity was 50% recently changed to 60%
Throttle: Dead Zone 0%, Saturation 100%
Brake: Deadzone 0%, Saturation 100%

Hi there i am having a few problems with setting up my ms wheel i have played for hours now and still can not seem to find some thing i like i was wondering if anyone else is having trouble or what other people are doing i have listed my settings below any advice or help would be great full

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 0%
Throttle Deadzone: 5%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 2%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Force FeedBack

Environmental Effects: 50%
FeedBack Strength: 100%
Wheel Weight: 50%

I'm planning on getting a wheel in the next month or so, could someone tell me what all this means, deadzone/linearity/saturation etc.
Thanks in advance!

I messed with it quite a bit this afternoon and I got some really good ones dialed in I can tell you that my steering sat is at 19, and Lin is at 25. Now I changed my throttle and brake deadzones my throttle dead is about 10, and my break is about 14, now with those two I change them from track to track I feel that with the throttle it comes on a lot smoother and on the break it is less likely to lock up with a little jab of the breaks (i know things are going to be a lot better once I get my new fanatec wheel lol but that's a different story) anyways this is what I have been using with the aids off and traction control on med. Tue wheel seems to be right on with the one on the game and it is very stable, the only thing is changing the deadzone on the break and throttle from track to track I don't know if its me or if it really does make a difference but all I can say is give it a shot. All the rest of the stuff is set to zero. As far as my ffb I have my environment on 10, ffs 10, and weight is 10 hope this helps

Here's my settings for my Fanatec 911 GT2. I use S_5 for F1 2011 and S_1 through S_4 for FM.

In-game settings (Advanced Wheel Settings)
  • Steering Deadzone: 3%
  • Steering Saturation: 0%
  • Steering Linearity: 0%
  • Throttle Deadzone: 0%
  • Throttle Saturation: 0%
  • Brake Deadzone: 0%
  • Brake Saturation: 0%
  • Force Feedback Options:
    • Environmental Effects: 20%
    • Feedback Strength: 30%
    • Wheel Weight: 10%
S_5 (F1 2011)
SEN
FF
SHO
DRI
OFF
ABS
LIN
DEA
010/000
SPR
DPR

The best thing you can do for throttle feel with the MS pedals is to use bungee cords hooked around the back of the pedal and to the front of the base to give more tension on the pedal. The same can be done to the brake, or use an additional/stronger spring under the pedal. I found the pedals to be so floppy that it was hard to tell how far they were moving with the pressure I was applying, but with the additional tension I can be much more precise with throttle and brake application.

As far as feeling the car sliding, play with the balance between wheel weight and feedback strength. I have found that with a high wheel weight percentage you lose a lot of feeling you would normally get from the feedback. I like 10% environmental effects, 30% feedback strength, and 10% wheel weight. All deadzone, linearity, and saturation settings are at 0%.

Th esettings above that I used on 2010 don't work well with 2011.
My settings are now

25/9/11
Dead Zone
Saturation
Linearity
Steering
0%
20%
29%
Throttle
2%
25%

Brake
2%

David, can you post this again? I can't make sense out of it now.
I never did get around to trying this out and since i'm having so much throuble at Shanghai this week i thought i might check into the wheel settings and see if it helps at all. I can't seem to get the throttle down, and when i do *whoops* there goes the back end again. It's utterly frustrating.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back