F1 2012 Xbox wheels...

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok so as of the next series of games that I tend to play - starting with FIFA 13, I'm switching from PS3 to an Xbox which, unfortunately after doing some checking means I need to buy a new wheel for F1 2012. Currently I use the Driving Force GT wheel - and love it! But haven't had much luck finding anything that seems equivalent (admittedly I barely have time to look at the moment). Any suggestions? Something in the same price range as the GT wheel would be nice

On the Xbox your choices will be a bit limited I fear as there are only a few options
  1. MS Wheel (joke and no money should be wasted on it)
  2. Fanatec wheel that is compatible with the xbox
  3. I think there is also somekind of logitech converter on the market that allows you to keep using your wheel but i am not really well informed about that tbh
Easiest would be to keep the PS3 for racing i think

Bram is right, your choices are highly limited. If you're a casual gamer and don't necessarily want Force Feedback (FFB) you could go with the cheap Madcatz wheels or the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia. If you do want FFB you'll have to get either the more expensive Madcatz wheel or go for one of the xbox compatible wheel from Fanatec, which are even more expensive.

The biggest issue, in my opinion, would be the pricetag of the FFB wheels. The Madcatz wheel will cost you 255 dollars on Amazon, in € I can get it for about 190. The Fanatec wheels will cost you even more.

As a casual player, I would probably stick with the Thrustmaster wheel, but that's just my opinion.

On the Xbox your choices will be a bit limited I fear as there are only a few options
  1. MS Wheel (joke and no money should be wasted on it)
  2. Fanatec wheel that is compatible with the xbox
  3. I think there is also somekind of logitech converter on the market that allows you to keep using your wheel but i am not really well informed about that tbh
Easiest would be to keep the PS3 for racing i think

Recently got one of these myself Bram and am more than happy with it. What prompted that comment, bad experience with one yourself?

What other wheels did you test Peter? Also got your hands on a bit more expensive one? Then you must notice a huge difference :)

Its just a piece of over priced plastic that looks like a wheel because of its round shaped form, that's how far the comparison goes.
Add a few more bucks and you have a state of the art (new or second hand) steering wheel which is precise with steering input, has proper force feedback and forces and resistance in general not to mention the pedals :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%