PC1 XBOX Settings: Wheel, Game, Car, etc.

bmanic:

1) Make absolutely sure you have FFB Strength, in the control preferences, of your wheel preset set to 100.

2) Make absolutely sure FFB damping, in the same menu, right below the FFB Strength, is set to zero.

3) Then if your wheel is too strong or too light, control the amount of FFB you'd want from the actual driver of your wheel. If it's a fanatec wheel, control it from the wheel.. if it's logitech or thrustmaster, control it from their own settings. For best linearity on most T500/Tx/T300 based wheels you set it to around 70%, perhaps even 75%. For logitech wheels it differs a bit.. my DFGT measured it's most linear at 92% strength and a friends G27 at 98%.

For instance Thrustmaster wheels default to 75 strength and 25 damping which is completely and utterly idiotic. You lose a quarter of your wheels dynamic range and get unnecessary filtering/damping on the wheel.

Of Course, to do this on the xbox, you will have to hook your Thrustmaster wheel up to a Windows PC via USB port.

Hmm are you saying plug the TX into power outlet, attach usb to pc, make those adjustments, then plug usb into xbox.... and it will remember those settings on xbox?

Personally, I'm going to leave mine alone unless pCARS is way too weak, simply because the FFB on Forza is massive. It will rip your hands off at 100% in the game. I have it at 75% or something in game. But yes, you would have to do what you said if you wanted to change the TX settings on the xbox. In fact, you have to do this to upgrade the firmware too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%