Xbox One vs. PS4

ahhh the good ol' question again....

all joking aside I really do not know which one to go for and I thought being a huge sim racing gamer I would get a better opinion in this forum. I really like the Xbox UI but the hardware on the PS4 is better. I wanna hear your opinions and advice

Thanks

Oh and yes I know PC is modable blah blah blah

It really depends on the games you like, for example, I think Gran Turismo sucks and that Driveclub didn't live up to the hype. However I think Forza Horizon is great for some arcade fun and Forza Motorsport 5 is great for not to serious simcade racing. Atleast a lot better than the alternatives on Playstation.
Apart from that I am a Halo fan and all other games I enjoy are cross platform. So for me it was an Xbox One. (And a Wii U, I love Zelda and Mario games :>).

So in the end, you should simply look at the games and make your decision based on that.

Upvote 0
It's the same cliché with 3DS vs PS Vita. PS Vita has the slightly more advanced hardware, but the 3DS has the better games, hence selling more units. It's a tight one, I guess you can see the offers and, perhaps racing bundles available to decide :)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. Forza 5 is definitely a convincing offer to go for the Xbox, and I'm getting Project Cars for sure. It seems like Xbox has more of an overall entertainment package and the PS4 is more for games. Games Im looking to get are: Fifa 15, Project cars, GTA V, F1 2015, and probably a good shooting game.
Damn this is a hard choice

Upvote 0
Not sure if my opinion will help since I own them all. I have a very high end PC, as well as PS4 and XB1. If a game is completely cross platform, I'll choose the PC version because my PC is more powerful and I'll never retire it like I will a console after every generation. However, I own a PS4 and XB1 for exclusives that are unavailable on PC. That being said, the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the XB1 and if the games aren't exclusive, then the PS4 version will almost always have a slight advantage in resolution but the difference is minimal, 1080p v s 900p which to some people is completely unnoticeable. The other side of the argument is, do you prefer the PS4 controller or XB1 controller, or do you prefer the PSN network or Xbox LIVE service, or do you prefer the PS4 crossbar UI or the XB1 tiled UI?

Upvote 0
Not sure if my opinion will help since I own them all. I have a very high end PC, as well as PS4 and XB1. If a game is completely cross platform, I'll choose the PC version because my PC is more powerful and I'll never retire it like I will a console after every generation. However, I own a PS4 and XB1 for exclusives that are unavailable on PC. That being said, the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the XB1 and if the games aren't exclusive, then the PS4 version will almost always have a slight advantage in resolution but the difference is minimal, 1080p v s 900p which to some people is completely unnoticeable. The other side of the argument is, do you prefer the PS4 controller or XB1 controller, or do you prefer the PSN network or Xbox LIVE service, or do you prefer the PS4 crossbar UI or the XB1 tiled UI?

I would love to get a high end PC but I just can't right now. Honestly I really don't care much for the exclusives other than Forza vs GT. Im an occasional gamer and what really draws me to the Xbox is the UI. Out of the consoles which one have you felt its given you the best overall satisfaction?

I just want a console that I won't have to change for the next 5-8 years

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%