'Xbox One Release Date: November 2013 for $499'

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
The Xbox One will be in stores this November and sells for $499. Besides the new console Microsoft will also release a new model of their current Xbox 360.

According to Dutch newsblog NU statements have been made by an employee of developer Rare on SpikeTV. He claimed that a (non-racing) game called Kinect Sports Rivals will be included as one of the launch games of Microsoft's new console and that the game will be available in November.

Microsoft announced today a new model to its current Xbox 360 line-up. The redesigned console is smaller, quieter and faster than the current version.
View the Post on the Blog

Yeah I'm not understanding what Microsoft is thinking on this one. Only thing I can think is Microsoft decided "it's Sony's turn" because they sure seem to be giving away the farm. The only thing that could save it for me personally is if it's going to be the lead console for sports games and a TON of my friends have to get it, be organized when gaming, and are REALLY REALLY going to be playing it like crazy.

Maybe Microsoft will come out and say "Just kidding, 299 for an Xbox ONE people"

As Alex said I'll just upgrade my graphics card.

i might buy this in the far future when its cheaper, but until then il just upgrade my graphics card :)
Not what a lot of people really know m8 , His that Microsoft after launch on the New XBOX ONE are enabling people who sign up to Download the full DEV KIT from Microsoft.com So I think you will be surprised when this information gets out there , On how many they will really sell.
Only reason why I have already paid for mine ready;D

i might buy this in the far future when its cheaper, but until then il just upgrade my graphics card :)
I Forgot to add as well m8 ,, There allowing people when you download the XBOX ONE ,,, To create and make your own games on the DEV KIT ,And sell them on the XBOX Marketplace ,,, Exciting Times.

I Forgot to add as well m8 ,, There allowing people when you download the XBOX ONE ,,, To create and make your own games on the DEV KIT ,And sell them on the XBOX Marketplace ,,, Exciting Times.

The marketplace will just become diluted with crappy games. Also, do you think it's easy to make a game? It'll just be a simple novelty that will be forgotten about after 3 or 4 uses.

At least Sony are doing what they are supposed to, build a gaming console.

I think I'd rather spend £400 upgrading my PC for better quality sim racing. I can't imagine the racers on the XBOX-One/PS4 are going to compete with our PC sims (and I don't mean GFX wise). Sim racing is my no.1 choice when I'm gaming so I think my hard earned cash is better going on a kick ass GFX card :D

I think I'd rather spend £400 upgrading my PC for better quality sim racing. I can't imagine the racers on the XBOX-One/PS4 are going to compete with our PC sims (and I don't mean GFX wise). Sim racing is my no.1 choice when I'm gaming so I think my hard earned cash is better going on a kick ass GFX card :D
PC Is always a Better option for Hardcore sims , Like Project C.A.R.S ,tfactor 2 Iracing, Assetto corsa ,, The xbox one DEV KIT will allow people to create better Mods for all Steam games Mostly all games Developed for Codemasters as they use the same DEV KIT , Just will enable us to Create a lot more things as 80% of the Software they use are DEV only.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%