PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
The cars were very difficult to drive, the 49 more so than these and the delicate touch required on the throttle was always of the utmost importance due to the lack of down force. I only did a half a dozen laps the other night and found it mainly a struggle in the early phase of the tyres life before they heated up, very difficult to get the power down and the car under control... loved it lol. Even later on though it's always ready to bite you at the slightest over use of the throttle. Think I managed a low 1:27 on the default setup but was being very conservative so not sure what time I can expect once up to speed.

These cars are going to be so much fun... bit like the classics on steroids lol.

Reactions: Rob
I don't see any problem with the Marek. It's a Turbo Diesel. What it gives up in HP it gets back ten-fold in torque. I don't see myself being particularly fast in this series. As Alex has proven to be very fast in the brief testing we've done with these. It will take me more like 150 laps at each track to find any sort of pace close to his. I think Alex has a good chance of taking at least one of these series trophies home.

Guys, some of you already know this, but I watched a video a while back that said the "secret" to perfect starts is to a) practice and b) use the handbrake. I figured I'd share in the spirit of competition and let you decide if it's worth mapping a button for. I thought we might need this kind of thing more for the series' coming up. I will say, it has worked like a charm. Now, if only I could hold that lead longer....

Are u putting it into 1st and holding it back with handbrake?

Yea, since jumping starts seems to be a real issue (not sure if bug or just that people are not used to it) if you just hold the handbrake first and early (before you see the car really), then shift to 1st or 2nd depending, then practice to get the revs right, then simply release the handbrake on start.

Great timing on the TV tonight, just finished watching Rush... great film of the F1 era we are racing in this series :thumbsup:

What awesome timing. That will get you psyched. These cars are so diverse and real. Just, well, raw really. Must have been quite a rush (no pun) for the drivers back then. And I do mean drivers, not pilots. lol.

I don't know if its a bug or not but I tried to drive the car today, 72D and I can't even make a lap. The car is wandering all over the place, and in the telemetry its hitting the LF bump constantly no matter what I set the bump stop at or spring rate. Car is just spinning off every exit and when I do get it going down the straight I'm having to chase it all over the track. Something doesn't seem right. :confused:

Edit: Well not sure what happened, but I had to reset my whole setup and start over. The car was horrible and un-drivable. I reset the setup and changed a couple of things and got back down to 27.5. Still too slow for 90% AI but at least it's driveable. Just to make sure my wheel wasn't the problem, I also took a spin around Oulton Park Fosters in the Ginetta, that was quite fun. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yea, since jumping starts seems to be a real issue (not sure if bug or just that people are not used to it) if you just hold the handbrake first and early (before you see the car really), then shift to 1st or 2nd depending, then practice to get the revs right, then simply release the handbrake on start.
I'll have to try this out later but think I may stick with the tried and trusted even if it is slower. What's the penalty for the jump start, the usual 5 second slow down? That could be dangerous if you have cars behind :confused:

I don't know if its a bug or not but I tried to drive the car today, 72D and I can't even make a lap. The car is wandering all over the place, and in the telemetry its hitting the LF bump constantly no matter what I set the bump stop at or spring rate. Car is just spinning off every exit and when I do get it going down the straight I'm having to chase it all over the track. Something doesn't seem right. :confused:

Edit: Well not sure what happened, but I had to reset my whole setup and start over. The car was horrible and un-drivable. I reset the setup and changed a couple of things and got back down to 27.5. Still too slow for 90% AI but at least it's driveable. Just to make sure my wheel wasn't the problem, I also took a spin around Oulton Park Fosters in the Ginetta, that was quite fun. :thumbsup:
Can't say I had that problem Michael, I don't think i've actually spun off once in my laps so far. Sometimes you do get stuck in that setup loop and going back to the start is the only way to get out of it. As I said previously the tyres need to be heated up properly before trying to push too much but once in that zone the car behaves itself well.

For me the big problem I have found is mid-corner understeer!! Major lap time killer. I get what I feel is a good corner entry but at the point I would normally push the car to the exit it just wants to push wide so I have to lose a fair bit of speed to make it. At a track like Brands with those lovely fast sweepers it loses so much time to what I am used to. I am taking them at a much slower speed and lower gear at the moment to ensure getting through them cleanly. Only managed to get into the mid 1:26's as a result but am leaving so much time at turns 1 and 3-7 that I am sure I could easily get to the AI times you stated if I get rid of that problem. I much prefer an oversteering car myself so this needs some work to get me comfortable.

Man, I hope I can make it for this saturday! Just managed to post a 1:25:797 in free practice but it was a bloody difficult challenge to get it there. This is the most throttle sensitive car in the game for me. I find it much harder to drive than the 98T. I also tried adjusting a few things to tame the unreal oversteer I was getting, but it made the car about a second slower. So I just opted for more speed settings and went for it. I'm pretty certain I could not maintain that kind of pace for 5 laps let alone 30+. It is such a focus drainer around brands too, just unreal!

Man, I hope I can make it for this saturday! Just managed to post a 1:25:797 in free practice but it was a bloody difficult challenge to get it there. This is the most throttle sensitive car in the game for me. I find it much harder to drive than the 98T. I also tried adjusting a few things to tame the unreal oversteer I was getting, but it made the car about a second slower. So I just opted for more speed settings and went for it. I'm pretty certain I could not maintain that kind of pace for 5 laps let alone 30+. It is such a focus drainer around brands too, just unreal!

Nice one Nic, thats a good time there.... strange you find oversteer I find understeer lol. It's a 50 lapper Saturday so better get that focus trained ;)

yeah that's odd. When I tried to get it to understeer more I lost too much time on the straights. funnily enough, I actually found after switching to the th8a for shifting instead of the paddles, I got quicker by more than half a second :p. maybe it's the realism effect! lol

Last edited:
Mid 1:26's at the moment. But as mentioned in the Driver Signup thread in response to Michaels query the mid-corner understeer is losing me so much time :unsure:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lotus-classic-f1-driver-sign-up.111268/page-2#post-2096610

Yea, I have the same issues with over-steer that Michael described, but no real issue with tire pressures. They heat up nicely after about two laps and stay there for the whole life of the tire. And the bump stop issue happens to me (in the telemetry) on any setting in any car for the LF tire, so I've chalked that up to a bug, since I don't notice any difference at 0 vs. 25, in any car. Others have reported the same issue on the pCARS forums, but who knows.

If I stiffen the car up, I get a whole bunch of traction in places that don't help. lol. If you soften the car, it feels bouncy and sluggish in the corners but is less likely to break loose. The car seems to be a riddle or there is something I'm missing in the setup. Probably the latter. For instance, corner 2 is ironically a big problem for me when it's usually the opposite on this track. In fact, it's hard to think of a track I know better than Brands, but it seems like I'm having to learn it all over again in these cars. As for setups, I'm just trying to try out as many as I can from trusted sources on the web. I have no idea (now) what to do with the car. Peter, I too find the fast sweeper corners agonizingly slow, as you really can't lay down the power for some time.

Maybe this is a case where you have to learn to drive the opposite of common instinct, like when you are trying to save gas and push at the same time. Shift earlier, use your brake more, stay in neutral longer, etc. The fact that Nic reports the shifter helps him go faster is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back