PC1 XBOX One League Discussion pCARS (need input)

Of course, us console (Xbox One) users have no way to "play" the game but through reading PC tester experiences, and on balance, I think it's a safe bet to say this will either be just as good as exceed the physics and handling model in games like Forza, Gran Tourismo. When you add in the universally liked graphics ( an upgrade from the 360 and maybe even from Forza5) and the SIM parts of the racing experience (pit stops, fuel consumption, in depth tuning, real tire wear, caution flags, race weather, penalty systems, etc.) that we currently don't really have in any game that is not based on a single series, then I think it's safe to say the xbox one crowd should be excited for this release indeed. I don't pretend that everyone will like it, but I do believe it will be a very pleasant surprise and more.

That said, with a little over a month away from release, how many of you out there with xbox one consoles are interested in this game and subsequent league play? If you are, maybe you could cut and paste the answers to these short questions:

Gamertag:
Are you on xbox 360 now:
If 360, when might you get the one:
Are you interested in pCARS league play:

This will greatly help those of us who have the xbox one and plan to get pCARS try and figure out if a league would be possible here at Race Department or we would have to look elsewhere. It would be a shame, in my opinion, to have to race elsewhere, but I do understand investing in the hardware necessary to get this kind of game is not easy. Thanks for any input!

Can't believe there is not more interest for this title on the xbox one. It's going to be the closest thing to a real PC SIM we will ever see....

The console reviews trickle in:

"As the product of a fervent community of racing game fans, Project CARS aims to be all things to all of those very fans. All hardened, veteran racing fans that is. Crowd funded by said community (the game's suffix is actually an acronym for 'Community Assisted Racing Simulator'), Project CARS could well be one of the most defiantly realistic racing sims we've ever seen on a console in a good while. If you're a lover of race sims, this could well be your nirvana."
http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...-Hands-on-Preview-----As-Real-As-It-Gets.html

"Project CARS is a very technical, simulator like racer as opposed to a more arcade like experience and they do that well. Whilst I am not a fan of technical racers myself it was easy to appreciate that those that are into them will definitely enjoy this game as getting into first place means following lines, turning and breaking at the correct time and making sure not to under or over steer. A racing line helper was present on the track to help those less inclined with the genre take corners at the correct angles and break at the right times. I played three different types of cars and each controlled distinctly differently, with the F1 vehicle probably giving me the most trouble simply due to the higher speeds it could reach."
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2014/10/project-cars-hands-on-impressions/

Reviews? The game is not done but still people write glowing reviews? :p
Anyways, maybe there just not many interested in either consoles, or pCars, or both on these forums? :)

I think if you had to play what we have been given on the 360 for the past few years, pCARS in its current form may be worth the hype, but I'm just guessing.

Yea...maybe the interest is not there due to that combination. Shame. Maybe I should try to get a Mario Cart league together instead.

It is very similar in style and physics. :laugh::laugh::roflmao:

I appreciate your reviews, but also note others disagree. Many others. Putting that aside, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the xbox 360 player. To us, this sounds like a revelation. And the videos bear that out. To a guy used to the highest quality SIMs on PC, this might not be the case.

It was a joke Robert. Hence the smiley's.;) Yes you are right. I am not and never will be a console gamer and we are used to proper sims. I hope Pcars does whatever you need it to do. It looks promising on the consoles.
:thumbsup:

It was a joke Robert. Hence the smiley's.;) Yes you are right. I am not and never will be a console gamer and we are used to proper sims. I hope Pcars does whatever you need it to do. It looks promising on the consoles.
:thumbsup:
Thanks Andy! And keep those reviews coming, despite whatever crap flies your way. I eat everything up over there...good and bad.

Gamertag: KATPEELER
Are you on xbox 360 now: No
If 360, when might you get the one: N/A
Are you interested in pCARS league play: Im anxious to see how the XBox One handles the game
I love my XBone and been on Live for years..with that I have accumilated many friends. This makes me want to stay with "my buddies" if they choose to get it...But I am updating my PC in the next month to be able to run PCars on it...Im watching the game very close...

Since there are so many choices in the game and you can never please anyone (my personal dream would be an IndyCar Series), so I thought the "Euro-American ProCar LeMans Series" should be born (or something to that effect). That way, we could have two classes to chose from...LMP1 and GT3 (which seem to be the most diverse) and satisfy those who want more open wheel type racing and those who like tin tops. There are eight tracks that either the European LeMans Series or the American LeMans Series has visited in the past (Donington, Spa, Road America, Watkins Glen, Imola, Silverstone, Sonoma, and Laguna Seca) that are in the game. That would be a nice start I think. Format to be determined. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea....Im realy undecided at the moment what format that I want to get (PC/Xbox)...When the tite gets closer to launch I will probably sit infront of the computer all day to look at comparisions and make my decision.....

Reactions: Rob
Some interesting facts backed up by video (I know, you really don't know for sure unless you get hands on...I agree), to mostly stir discussion and maybe some excitement.

Here is a video of the weather progression changes. You can set the spped of the progressive weather, what type of weather, or even set it to mimic the exact weather (via GPS) at any given track on any given day in the future or the past. So you can recreate you favorite season right down to the weather or have a future season that tracks the real one, weather and all...automatically.

Here are some "compelling reasons" you may not have heard about. I missed a couple myself...

Features
  • Career Structure
  • Cloud-Based Social Network
  • Complete Day/Night Time Cycle
  • Co-op Career
  • Dedicated Servers and Matchmaking
  • Driving School
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Free Practice and Time Trial Modes
  • Full Race Weekend Format (practice, qualify, warmup, race)
  • Ghost Racing
  • Helmet Camera with head lean and look to apex
  • Living Tracks, which include track rubbering, drying of wet racing lines, and buildup of marbles
  • Pit2Car Radio Communication
  • Pit Stops
  • Portable/Mobile Apps
  • Reflective Windshield with Progressive Dirt
  • Safety Car
  • Telemetry Acquisition
  • Tire Deformation, including flat spots and punctures
  • TrackIR Support
  • Web Leaderboards
  • Wind and Ambient/Track Temperature, which will affect driving

The Trustmaster TX Italia is a whole different beast. I didn't realize just how different when I got it. But it's hard to put into words. Playing with anything other than the brushless technology in it is not understanding what it can do. Maybe the G27 comes close, but it's not compatible with the xbox one. Many consider the TM Italia a steal, and also the best wheel on the market. I can't see how it could be much better. That's my only point. Others agree. You can have one shipped from the U.S. (Wal*Mart web site via a friend or a member here) for 200 pounds.

Here are some "compelling reasons" you may not have heard about. I missed a couple myself...

Features
  • Career Structure
  • Cloud-Based Social Network
  • Complete Day/Night Time Cycle
  • Co-op Career
  • Dedicated Servers and Matchmaking
  • Driving School
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Free Practice and Time Trial Modes
  • Full Race Weekend Format (practice, qualify, warmup, race)
  • Ghost Racing
  • Helmet Camera with head lean and look to apex
  • Living Tracks, which include track rubbering, drying of wet racing lines, and buildup of marbles
  • Pit2Car Radio Communication
  • Pit Stops
  • Portable/Mobile Apps
  • Reflective Windshield with Progressive Dirt
  • Safety Car
  • Telemetry Acquisition
  • Tire Deformation, including flat spots and punctures
  • TrackIR Support
  • Web Leaderboards
  • Wind and Ambient/Track Temperature, which will affect driving
I wonder if all of these features will be in at launch in November, I doubt it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%