Xbox One controller - rumble

Hi All!

I just bought AMS from Steam. I've got everything set up to my liking, but rumble on my Xbox One controller will not work no matter what! I've tried wireless/usb connectiong, all different ffb settings in game, but no luck.

I am just wondering if rumble works at all on AMS, can anyone answer this question?

It would be a shame, cuz the game is awesome!

Thanks!

That's bad news....I've played the game for less than 2 hours...I will get a refund and buy Assetto Corsa instead. Maybe in the future Reiza will support rumble and I will buy the game again.
At the moment I don't have a wheel and I don't think I will be getting one any time soon....

thanks Billy.

AC supports rumble for both the XBox One controller and XBox 360 controller, but it doesn't seem to work very well with the XBox One controller, there's something wrong about how it works. It's better with the XBox 360 controller, though I still don't find the rumble with that very helpful, seems to be mostly canned effects rather than giving you a sense of how the car is handling, but that might be how I have it setup (am using the default rumble settings).

Raceroom Racing Experience (which is currently having a sale on both Steam and it's own stores) doesn't support rumble at all on the XBox One controller, but does support rumble on the XBox 360 controller, and I find the rumble feedback more useful than in AC, as it provides a very helpful "slip-effect" rumble.

The racing game that best supports the XBox One controller on PC is Microsoft's Forza Apex, which I'm pretty sure is the only one to actually support the "Impulse Trigger" motors, as well as the vibration motors in the controller body. But compared to more serious sims like Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom Racing Experience etc., its physics sucks. It's quite pretty, though, if you've got a high-end GPU.

rumble effects works great with xbox one controller in AMS. I have found a solution with great effects (curbs, friction, engine, shifting, bumps, car contacts..) . I myself have a fanatec wheel, but sometimes I want simply play on tv in my living room, then I play with Xbox One Controller.
I can upload the files for FFB in AMS with Xbox One Controllers (Wired and Wireless!!)

Last edited:
rumble effects works great with xbox one controller in AMS. I have find a solution with great effects (curbs, friction, engine, shifting, bumps, car contacts..) . I myself have a fanatec wheel, but sometimes I want simply play on tv in my living room, then I play with Xbox One Controller.
I can upload the files for FFB in AMS with Xbox One Controllers (Wired and Wireless!!)
wow, that would be great! mind sharing it? thanks! =]

I'll make the files ready for upload as mod for AMS. The Mod works with wired- and wireless Xbox One Controllers (included 3.5mm) in AMS. Both tested on Windows 10 x64. :)
Currently I'm testing different settings for rumble effects on all cars and tracks.

Last edited:
I'll make the files ready for upload as mod for AMS. The Mod works with wired- and wireless Xbox One Controllers (included 3.5mm) in AMS. Both tested on Windows 10 x64. :)
Currently I'm testing different settings for rumble effects on all cars and tracks.
yeah, it makes sense to have it as mod...let everyone out there know about it! can't wait to try it. I haven't played the game in ages because of lacking of rumble effects.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 384 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years