F1 2010 Xbox Live Gold - Yes or No

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

Been thinking for a while of taking the plunge and grabbing myself an Xbox Live Gold Membership so that I could give some online racing a try. I see that at the moment it is on a special at 40% discount so just want some feedback as to whether it is worthwhile joining. Are there usually a reasonable number of races to join or would I be twiddling my thumbs looking for a race too often?

Thanks for any responses.

mate, 100% yes. I know not everybody thinks the same as me but i get bored of ai and TT. Online racing with any game is the way forward.

In answer to your other question. There isnt as many race lobbies as there once was but you will still find it no problem what so ever finding races whether it be quick sprint races or custom. Most lobbies have most assists on though, finding banned TCS rooms is a big task.

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Would prefer no-assists races having got so used to it myself now but maybe not the end of the world. Does it force you to have certain assists on before you can race or can you race no-assists even if others don't?

I think a purchase is defo in order Peter. You can even setup some of your own races if you like, and im sure you will get a decent crowd.
Its scandalous how you must pay to play all onliners, but if you are getting it cheap, then its the right time to buy. Im sure you will have many hours of fun, and many hours of torture!

wait, what!? You need to pay extra to be able to go online with an xbox game??!!

Man what a ripoff! Sure am happy I am on PC!

You can spend the money you have saved on updating your hardware everytime a new games comes out :)

@ Peter

Nah, just because they have it set to assists aloud it doesnt mean you have to run with assists. Im with James, racing online is a whole new world! Its addictive as hell if you find decent ppl to play against.

Yeh i know mate, its frustrating. I hate the guys that find it impossible to stay on a racing line and instead zig zag their way around the circuit. Makes passing hard and they are always quicker than what they should be as they can run wide constantly and keep their foot planted.

Just to update everyone about this... I did eventually take the plunge and boy were you all absolutely right!!

I have hardly driven anything else since and am loving it. Some things are a little frustrating.. not enough races over 3 laps for instance and I initially found it really frustrating having the car chosen for me.. I have only run the Lotus, McLaren and just lately the Red Bull so found some of these others very strange to drive... Mercedes... oh don't get me started I hated that high nose and had no choice but to go into rollbar cam for a race when I found myself in that beast!!

Sometimes as well I have found that I join a race with a good lot of people but then nothing happens for ages with the little green icon constantly flashing on and off for certain people but the race never starts so I end up giving up.

I also wish the sprint races were of a slightly longer duration... I think 5 laps would be a much better test, anyone else agree?

Of course I have found that some racers are not as well mannered as I try to be and block you all over the track to try to stop you getting past and try to barge you off the track but I can live with that. I'll stick to racing my way as there's no point worrying about what you can't control. A lot of people are also not so good at the starts and I find it is quite often the best tactic to just sit back a bit and then pick my way through the spinning cars after the first turn.

All in all though really enjoyed my first few days of online play so thanks again for the wise words.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 253 13.3%