Xbox Controller Setup Tips

Does anyone have any setups or setup tips for users of Xbox controllers? I know that is generally seen as heresy, but I am a merchant sailor and carrying a wheel around the world is not particularly practical. I have found many of the setups here have completely uncontrollable oversteer on a controller where fine steering and throttle modulation are basically impossible. I am afraid I have very little knowledge with regards to setting up the car and generally very little time to practice as I work 13 hours a day and get about 3 hours downtime, of which I'd prefer to be racing than setting up.

Right now I'm playing Formula Truck as the trucks handling and breaking characteristics are far friendlier on a controller, but I'd love to be able to play more GSCE, so far I've found I can only really control the Mini's. Clio's and Porsche Carrera Cup mods. The Stock cars are too flinchy and the single seaters basically impossible without a wheel.

I currently use low steering assistance and no stability control, steering assistance is the only aid I'm using... any other controller users have tips?

I think you'll need some assists in order to race smoothly. I tried with my controller some time ago just for those times I don't want to connect my wheel, and I gave up. It isn't very controller friendly.

This is my xbox one controller setting, I run with pretty high aids though. Some cars such as karts you just can't drive though.

Attachments

• Xbox One Controller.ini
    26.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 2015-01-31_00001.jpg
    2015-01-31_00001.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 859
I'm a long time pad user and i use no assists, only autoclutch. Important Settings (at least for me):

Speed sensitivity: around 45-50%
Axis sensitivity (direction and throtle/brake): 50%
Steering axis deadzone: around 4-5%

In controller.ini:

Steering Wheel Range: 240º-270º

In garage (for me the most important setting):

Steering lock: 9-10º so you use an 1:15 steer ratio (aprox), that it goes really well with most of the cars.

Been using this settings for ages and it goes really good for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 489 39.2%