F1 2011 Xbox controller on Xbox

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can anyone else drive with this thing?

I find it very near impossible to drive with the standard xbox controller on an xbox. I seem to be able only to get full lock, it is hard to go around fast corners with a gentle steer

I remember playing REVS and F1GP on the computer, using the keys and the programming helped you along (OK not realistic but great for us non-naturals)

Any hints and tips for driving with the controller (apart from getting a wheel of course) is there a way to have 'steering aid' on?

There is no steering assist, I find that when I play with the controller I "flick" the stick a little bit when I need to make small adjustments, I also compromise my setup in Monaco to give me a less responsive, it takes your lap time down .5 sec, but will keep you from over correcting and bouncing off the walls and breaking your car.

Thanks for the reply. Must just be my heavy hands then :( I only use the preset setups at the moment, and even with a fully wet setup in the dry I am bouncing. Must try harder, or see if Santa will bring me a wheel.

Actually I wonder, the controllers are wireless - could this introduce a large enough lag to cause steering problems?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%