1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox controller on Xbox

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by haylau, Nov 25, 2011.

1. haylau

haylau

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone else drive with this thing?

I find it very near impossible to drive with the standard xbox controller on an xbox. I seem to be able only to get full lock, it is hard to go around fast corners with a gentle steer

I remember playing REVS and F1GP on the computer, using the keys and the programming helped you along (OK not realistic but great for us non-naturals)

Any hints and tips for driving with the controller (apart from getting a wheel of course) is there a way to have 'steering aid' on?

2. haylau

haylau

Ratings:
    +0
    Monaco is particularly hard, bouncing from barrier to barrier :(

3. Rracing

Rracing

Ratings:
    +5
    There is no steering assist, I find that when I play with the controller I "flick" the stick a little bit when I need to make small adjustments, I also compromise my setup in Monaco to give me a less responsive, it takes your lap time down .5 sec, but will keep you from over correcting and bouncing off the walls and breaking your car.

4. haylau

haylau

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Must just be my heavy hands then :( I only use the preset setups at the moment, and even with a fully wet setup in the dry I am bouncing. Must try harder, or see if Santa will bring me a wheel.

Actually I wonder, the controllers are wireless - could this introduce a large enough lag to cause steering problems?

5. Rracing

Rracing

Ratings:
    +5
    The steering wheel has no lag on it at all, it really isn't an issue. as far as setups go, you can always go to the setups page and find a good setup and suits your driving style. http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/monaco-race-setup.43262/. The setups might not be perfect for you but they are a better starting point than the quick setups.

6. Izidoro Monteiro

Izidoro Monteiro

Ratings:
    +0

7. Izidoro Monteiro

Izidoro Monteiro

Ratings:
    +0
    good afternoon

I'm Difficulties When driving the F1 2014 with the xbox controller

One would make me Spend A configuration

deadzone steering